Sign in to follow this  
The Flight Level

reddit Microsoft Flight Simulator

With over 47K members and usually 1K online at any one time, I really understand the “game” label used by thousands to describe Microsoft Flight Simulator. So many posts (perhaps close to the majority), I would classify as just non-sense. But, over a million copies sold to date, can’t be wrong. Who would argue with that. To each his own as they say. 

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

If you want it to be a game, it can be a game. If you want it to be a serious simulator then it can be that too. This was always the case and always will be. I don't get people that get hung up forever arguing about this. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Hodgeheg said:

If you want it to be a game, it can be a game. If you want it to be a serious simulator then it can be that too. This was always the case and always will be. I don't get people that get hung up forever arguing about this. 

Totally agree. Not arguing that. I was just surprised to see the magnitude of purchasers using the software to post for non serious simulation.

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

Oh yea, most people will be playing it just to dabble around and wont have any idea about flying. Even if 1 percent of those people stick with and learn, then it wont be a bad thing! I still remember the excitement of getting fs2000 when I was 10 years old. I spent my year or too not understanding why I couldn't get Concorde out of Meigs field without running out of runway! 

• Like 1

I think this is mainly due to the way it was promoted. Sending free copies to you tube influencers is aiming directly at the "gamers" and not "real" simmers. Would be an interesting statistic to see how manmy of these gamers bite into the apple and really try to learn to fly.

For one, I wouldn't really complain about it because that influx of gamer money will provide Asobo and MS the funds and motivation to improve and expand the title.

Vic

• Like 6

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

2 hours ago, vgbaron said:

I think this is mainly due to the way it was promoted. Sending free copies to you tube influencers is aiming directly at the "gamers" and not "real" simmers. Would be an interesting statistic to see how manmy of these gamers bite into the apple and really try to learn to fly.

For one, I wouldn't really complain about it because that influx of gamer money will provide Asobo and MS the funds and motivation to improve and expand the title.

Vic

Yes, I never realized that. So true. Certainly makes sense and glad the success of the title will keep improvements moving forward, especially the SDK, so we have some study a/c to complement this incredible scenery.