Sign in to follow this  
Jazznow

german video with a few teaser

I need to head off to work, so no time to analyze this in detail. Maybe some other german simmer can step in and do the work 😄
Its an interview an Jörg and hes speaking about the future. Mostly stuff we already know, but he teases a few project he cant speak about in detail. 

one is a possibility for freeware creators, to make small adjustments in the world and share them instant with other player (he speaks about "building the world together"). 

The other is something they are doing with the Microsoft china team. I really didnt get that, because wifey was speaking to me. Something about voice simulation/recognition? 

Jazz

link?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

I think that's it 😉 But in German... 

Edited by Mischung

Marc Weber

Quick and dirty summary, I probably missed a couple of things:

We know charts have to come.

And seasons.

Helicopters and helicopter platforms (paid addon).

Water simulation, the interaction with planes, will be improved.

The SDK will be improved. We know the community is creative and is active and they will surprise us with the things they build.

Jorg is thinking on a possibility for the community to help build the world ... more info in a month or two.

The core team working on MFS is some 200 people. In total, with third parties, some 1000 people are involved.

Edited by RudyB24
  • Like 7

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation

Yeah, we had that already. Most important news is that he kind of teasers a "community gateway" like in XP. Community built sceneries get reviewed and incorporated into the sim.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

8 hours ago, Mischung said:

I think that's it 😉 But in German... 

Thanks for adding the link. I really was in a hurry. had to get to work 🙂

did someone understand the part about the microsoft china team and something with voice stuff? was very cryptic

My guess is they are working on a streamlined means for people to submit changes to the default world data Azure serves up.

I'll be curious to see how it works, if that's the case.  I'd imagine there's some legal stuff they'd need to be careful about, if people start submitting things derived from, say, Google Maps data.

19 minutes ago, Jazznow said:

did someone understand the part about the microsoft china team and something with voice stuff? was very cryptic

He said something about "voice c...[inaudible] services", called it "voice simulation" and that it's going to be awesome. It might be "cognitive services" and refer to this: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/services/cognitive-services/speech-services/

24 minutes ago, MagentaChild said:

He said something about "voice c...[inaudible] services"

I understood it as "voice cognitive services"

Siggy Schwarz

I'm pretty sure it should be "Voice Cockpit Services" 😉  With a nice German-English-Slang...

I would guess this can be used to control aircraft systems and ATC via voice-control, which would be a nice feature.

Edited by Mischung

Marc Weber

I really like this guy and the asobo team who develope the sim with so much passion. Thank you you guys rock!!!

• Like 1

I hope Microsoft will show off their next gen voice services in MSFS. That would be very interesting indeed. TTS and speech recognition.

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com