Sign in to follow this  
Jammin16

Help!

Hi every one,

I'm realy need some help I'm now on three forums and two of them have not come with some feedback or some help to me og Avsim is my third and last forum I can try and hope there are one of you guys there can help me or give me some feedback because I'm barefoot, can not find a single solution and it's driving me crazy.

But let's get to the point.

I'm new user of this program from sode called vdgs. Vdgs is a program I bought because it's look very nice. I start to install sode jetways, and after that vdgs and FlyTampa Copenhagen v2. FlyTampa should work with vdgs, but here come the problem. When I get in to the FlyTampa Configurator and to Copenhagen and find the vdgs so I have two options, vdgs from flytampa and vdgs from sode. So I click on the vdgs from sode, and set a check marks in this option. So now I close the FlyTampa Configurator and run my P3D v4 as Adminstartor. And I start up in Copenhagen on a gate B7 and the vdgs sign is not on??? Hmm... okay so I have also Las Vegas Airport from FlyTampa installed, so I start Las Vegas up and start up on gate D6 and here are the vdgs from sode. Okay so I close my P3D v4 and open the FlyTampa Configurator up again and I can now see under copenhagen are there no more a check marks in vdgs from sode! So I tried vdgs from flytampa, and stil none vdgs signs, and now are the vdgs signs in Las Vegas gone??? So I open FlyTampa Configurator up again and now i get a error message (look on the picture called error message).

The link you can see is an video so you can see what I do and what's happening. My problem is from 6:27 min (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZvKGLNH-IM&t=13s)

So my question is are the problem vdgs or flytampa???

I hope some on can help me.

Best regards

Jammin16

Can't speak for FlyTampas own VDGS.. but:

SODE VDGS only works if you select the gate before you turn into it, not when you're already parked. If you spawn at a gate for example and activate SODE, VDGS won't activate (normal behaviour). But after you landed, open the SODE menu and select your gate while taxiing towards it. VDGS should activate and work like expected.

Btw., your YouTube link is private so probably nobody can view it 🙂

Edited by roesti

1 hour ago, roesti said:

Can't speak for FlyTampas own VDGS.. but:

SODE VDGS only works if you select the gate before you turn into it, not when you're already parked. If you spawn at a gate for example and activate SODE, VDGS won't activate (normal behaviour). But after you landed, open the SODE menu and select your gate while taxiing towards it. VDGS should activate and work like expected.

Btw., your YouTube link is private so probably nobody can view it 🙂

Hi,
The video is not private more...
I can hear we not talk 100% about the same, I talk about the setting for VDGS in the FlyTampa Configurator.🙂

Sorry, tried again the video is still private for me.

My answer was because of this sentence:

2 hours ago, Jammin16 said:

And I start up in Copenhagen on a gate B7 and the vdgs sign is not on???

Independant of some issues you might have with your FlyTampa Configurator, even if SODE VDGS would be working, the sign would never be on when you start up at the gate. To turn it on, you have to open the SODE menu, select your gate and then it turns on.. but only if you are not already parked at this gate. Slew your aircraft away, then choose your gate, taxi towards it and it should be on. This is the normal SODE VDGS behaviour, even if it's installed correctly.

Maybe you can check the privacy settings of the video again, it's possible that there is some hiccup with the FlyTampa configurator which I'm sure we'll be able to fix 🙂

In the meantime, you could check the following: All the configurator does is renaming some files from .off to .bgl or .xml and vice versa, so given the files are there, I can tell you how everything should look so that it works.

Imagine the configurator works, then the only thing it does is enabling / disabling some files by renaming..

First, this file in your SODE folder (C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml):

cop_sodevgji9.png

So if you enable SODE VDGS in the configurator, it renames exactly this file from FlyTampa_EKCH_VDGS.off to FlyTampa_EKCH_VDGS.xml

At the same time, a .bgl file in your "Copenhagen\scenery" (the place where you installed Copenhagen) folder gets deactivated by renaming it to .off:

cop_scenp2k1l.png

If the file is named ekch_vdgs_ft.off, FlyTampa's default VDGS is disabled (and SODE VDGS enabled), if the file is named ekch_cfgs_ft.bgl, default VDGS is enabled (SODE VDGS disabled). You want it like in this screenshot 🙂

I can imagine some files got deleted / renamed so the configurator doesn't find them anymore when it tries to rename them, so you'll get an exception / error.

Edited by roesti

2 hours ago, roesti said:

Sorry, tried again the video is still private for me.

My answer was because of this sentence:

Independant of some issues you might have with your FlyTampa Configurator, even if SODE VDGS would be working, the sign would never be on when you start up at the gate. To turn it on, you have to open the SODE menu, select your gate and then it turns on.. but only if you are not already parked at this gate. Slew your aircraft away, then choose your gate, taxi towards it and it should be on. This is the normal SODE VDGS behaviour, even if it's installed correctly.

Maybe you can check the privacy settings of the video again, it's possible that there is some hiccup with the FlyTampa configurator which I'm sure we'll be able to fix 🙂

In the meantime, you could check the following: All the configurator does is renaming some files from .off to .bgl or .xml and vice versa, so given the files are there, I can tell you how everything should look so that it works.

Imagine the configurator works, then the only thing it does is enabling / disabling some files by renaming..

So if you enable SODE VDGS in the configurator, it renames exactly this file from FlyTampa_EKCH_VDGS.off to FlyTampa_EKCH_VDGS.xml

At the same time, a .bgl file in your "Copenhagen\scenery" (the place where you installed Copenhagen) folder gets deactivated by renaming it to .off:

If the file is named ekch_vdgs_ft.off, FlyTampa's default VDGS is disabled (and SODE VDGS enabled), if the file is named ekch_cfgs_ft.bgl, default VDGS is enabled (SODE VDGS disabled). You want it like in this screenshot 🙂

I can imagine some files got deleted / renamed so the configurator doesn't find them anymore when it tries to rename them, so you'll get an exception / error.

Okay I can see this would take some time, so i hope you would help me through this "project". 

(Independant of some issues you might have with your FlyTampa Configurator, even if SODE VDGS would be working, the sign would never be on when you start up at the gate.)

I'm understand what you tell me about start up in the airport on gate. But this sign you talking about are not in game, just a empty place where this sign should be. My jetways for the airport is also gone!

(Maybe you can check the privacy settings of the video again)

I take a look on it.

(it's possible that there is some hiccup with the FlyTampa configurator which I'm sure we'll be able to fix)

I hope we can fix it.

(In the meantime, you could check the following: All the configurator does is renaming some files from .off to .bgl or .xml and vice versa, so given the files are there, I can tell you how everything should look so that it works.

If the file is named ekch_vdgs_ft.off, FlyTampa's default VDGS is disabled (and SODE VDGS enabled), if the file is named ekch_cfgs_ft.bgl, default VDGS is enabled (SODE VDGS disabled). You want it like in this screenshot)

My folders is emty, can't find this xml files! ???

Edited by Jammin16

@roesti

Okay, so now I have tried to reinstall whole with P3D v4 + Sode, vdgs, Flytampa and all my Aircraft and Airports but it's didn't work! But now I have the same xml files like you about copenhagen and this looking like this you see on the picture.

P3D_v4.png?width=1204&height=677

P3D_v4.5.png

Edited by Jammin16

Okay, thank you for the screenshots, the files are looking good. Sorry to hear that it still doesn't work. 😞

May I ask which SODE version you are using / you have installed? (1.7.1 is current) - when you start the "SODE Platform Manager" (Press your Windows key and start typing "platform manager", it should appear in your Windows Start menu), is SODE correctly registered within the sim (green)? Do you have some other airport with SODE (preferably one with VDGS as well) to try and if yes, does it work here?

1 hour ago, roesti said:

Okay, thank you for the screenshots, the files are looking good. Sorry to hear that it still doesn't work. 😞

May I ask which SODE version you are using / you have installed? (1.7.1 is current) - when you start the "SODE Platform Manager" (Press your Windows key and start typing "platform manager", it should appear in your Windows Start menu), is SODE correctly registered within the sim (green)? Do you have some other airport with SODE (preferably one with VDGS as well) to try and if yes, does it work here?

Okay, thats sounds good about the files looking good. 

I use SODE version 1.7.1. and all look fine I have the platfom manager as "app" under start. And SODE active and registered is green  https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/566556239694397440/752613380581490768/unknown.png

I have Flightbeam San Fracisco and it's work fine???

I don't know why my xml files is make to a note file???

Edited by Jammin16

@roesti

As you can see here VDGS just work for one gate i CPH/ Copenhagen???

unknown.png

And ind San Francisco it's work for all gates but GSX man there help the Aircraft in to gate is still on with VDGS???

unknown.png

Edited by Jammin16

@roesti

Hi Roesti,

I have good news FlyTampa and I have found the problem, it was the config_FT_EKCH.xml file there was the problem, so FlyTampa give me a new xml I should replace the first xml file instead.

So now the problem fixet and VDGS is on all gates, so I would say thank you very much for your time and help

Best Regards

Jammin16