Sign in to follow this  
Guest RGH

What and how do we improve FSX

Guest Adrian Wainer

A Microsoft staff member told me that Vista will allow dualcore utilization and this facility is allready embedded in the software and will not require a patch, on both those counts is that the reality of the situation, I just don't know. As for DirectX 10, in so far as I know you will need a new graphics card that accomidates DirectX 10 to utilize DirectX 10. I would holdout getting involved with DirectX 10 untill one can see what it delivers!http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectXhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct3D#Direct3D_10QuoteTherefore, contrary to the previous revisions of Direct3D, it will require new graphics hardware to run at all, whereas previous versions allowed the old hardware capabilities to be addressed within the new interface. This is one of the major departure of this new API, and it is justified by Microsoft as the only way to achieve the CPU efficiency gains needed for the newest pieces of hardware without the clutter of legacy code.UnquoteBest and Warm RegardsAdrian Wainer

Guest RGH

Hi again.Thank you once again,for the information I have been seeking.All the Best.Rex

FYI: Simmer greggerm has compiled an exhaustive PDF on all tweaks to date. Find it here:http://members.cox.net/spambait/FSXTweakGuide.pdfI got this from the AVSIM forum MS Flight Simulator Tips and Tricks. st thing I always suggest is to make a copy of your FSX.cfg file. I just make a copy and rename it to FS.cfg.ORG so I know it is an unedited original.I tried some of the tweaks and they have been very helpful.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit