Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Default Monaco in MSFS

Not bad for default flightsim scenery 😉😉 (I liked the default in FSX better though).

0xyTRZ.jpg

Jnd6Ju.jpg

lpOXth.jpg

3une3Q.jpg

sX30kp.jpg

wRsP6p.jpg

SrS55e.jpg

• Like 9

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I was actually thinking FS98 Steve...you had me fooled😜

Smashing shots!!

Chris Sunseri

Looks amazing, nice shots !

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Looks superb apart from one niggle which jumps out at me on first glance; I didn't scrutinise the shots for hours, my eye was drawn straight away to the absolute symmetry around the docks. All the boats in the marina are the same 3 types - large, medium, small, no variation. I always had an impression that Monaco was about one-upmanship. I would expect much more variety in those ocean-going playthings..

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Incredible details of imagery, in your screenshots, Steve...!!

[And, "you had liked the FSX default better..."....(are you sure, we're talking of the same FSX...🙂...)...?]

Thanks guys,

@ Chris.....I was thinking more like my favorite, older sim...SubLogic's ATP...do you see how strikingly similar the graphics are?
0rQvt6.png

@ Mark....the thing is I checked today at the real Monaco...they were having a boat show and one manufacturer "slipped" into all the slips the night before the show started and kept out all the other companies!  🤣
Funny story about 1-upmanship.....When I visited there...their were many "yachts" that bordered on small cruise ships crammed in that tiny harbor.  And there was one that literally stuck out like a sore thumb because I thought it was a cruise ship until I found out it was some Middle East Prince's ....uhh...."yacht" 🙄

@ P_7878 ...I still remember how awe-struck I was with FS98....was magical the 1st time I loaded it up and flew it.

Hope you guys realize that this is not default scenery...but free scenery that a very talented person built from a mapping software's data.  I was just joking around of course....I have never seen scenery look like this as freeware...a few weeks after a release...some modders out there really know their stuff!

You can read about it in the thread were I found out about it...

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

That’s not how my default Monaco looks...  I have more generic buildings and a smashed in castle.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

7 hours ago, Dillon said:

That’s not how my default Monaco looks...  I have more generic buildings and a smashed in castle.

Here you go Dillon....(Steve was just being silly)

11 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Hope you guys realize that this is not default scenery...but free scenery that a very talented person built from a mapping software's data.  I was just joking around of course.

Not sure where you're at in Orlando...but I did alot of growing up there....in Union Park, around DR50 and Dean Road.   Right here in fact:

ION5wb.jpg

Here is Lake Downy park...were I played baseball as a kid....(always easy to find on Google maps...its a perfectly circular lake 🙂 )
Heading east...SR50 is under my left wing and Dean road is right off the nose...I was amazed at the detail of my old stomping grounds!  Lake Underhill is another place I spent a lot of time....very well done too.

9DZ93V.jpg

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Very nice freeware scenery indeed, Steve. How was your fps, when you flew over it. For my mediocre system it was an fps killer, although I had my sliders already adjusted to medium.

When developing of freeware continues at such a brisk space, some of our established add-on companies might not survive.

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

I have the latest/fastest Intel CPU and I have 10FPS...a Power Point slides. 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

1 hour ago, Manny said:

Wow...that was not my experience at all....take a look at the video HiFlyer did in the other chat.....it looked pretty smooth to me.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

3 hours ago, Manny said:

10 seems pretty low.  But hard to tell without details?  GPU?  resolution?  4k /2k/ 1080P? RAM?

I have an older CPU and am getting about 20-40 fps in photogrammetry cities / GTX 1080 ti 1080P / 32GB ram.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

25 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

10 seems pretty low.  But hard to tell without details?  GPU?  resolution?  4k /2k/ 1080P? RAM?

I have an older CPU and am getting about 20-40 fps in photogrammetry cities / GTX 1080 ti 1080P / 32GB ram.

It's 1080P and I have 32GB Ram. However, my video card is not great. It's a $300 AMD card (I forget the model) .. I have not dismantled my P3D 4 Home simulator PC. I  am waiting to get the new 3x NVIDIA card for the new build. My video card is the weak link.  But still, without this scenery I get 45FPS in Monaco. 

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

11 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Here you go Dillon....(Steve was just being silly)

Not sure where you're at in Orlando...but I did alot of growing up there....in Union Park, around DR50 and Dean Road.   Right here in fact:

Here is Lake Downy park...were I played baseball as a kid....(always easy to find on Google maps...its a perfectly circular lake 🙂 )
Heading east...SR50 is under my left wing and Dean road is right off the nose...I was amazed at the detail of my old stomping grounds!  Lake Underhill is another place I spent a lot of time....very well done too.

Hey Steve, I'm in east Orlando on the UCF side of town.  I'm down the street from where P3D is being developed and supported.  I moved down here five years ago from MPLS, never looked back.  I love the area, allot to do and see here.  Love the SpaceX launches from behind my house, Disney, and the aviation community down here (Sun N' Fun to name one).

Where can I get the Monaco Scenery?

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2