Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Buying addons from TPD

58 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

So what happens when I buy addons from TPD that are available both in the flightsim market and on the TPD storefront? Does it get reckognized in the flightsim market as already purchased and installed?

I can confirm that if you buy direct from the supplier and NOT through the MS Marketplace, then the purchases do not show up in the Marketplace even though you have them installed.

Graham

• Like 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

1 minute ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

So it leaves a technical possibility to buy the same addon twice - one from the TPD store, and one from MSF store. 

Only through your own mistake. Just make sure to keep some sort of easily accessible record of what you own, something like a spreadsheet.

12 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

So it leaves a technical possibility to buy the same addon twice - one from the TPD store, and one from MSF store. 

Personally, so far it's been easy for me because the 3 thrings I have added to my sim were all discounted through the origional supplier as upgrades to older versions, which you also don't get if you go through the Microsoft Store, but yes, it may get confusing as the store fills up 🙂

It would be nice if the store recognised the add ons from external suppliers as well 🙂

I also prefer the external supplier direct because if any updates are made  (London scenery from ORBX as an example)  the update was available in 24 hrs rather than the Store which I am still not sure if it has updated yet as it has to wait for MS  next store upload before it can be updated in sim.

Finally.. prefer to support the add-on devs direct as i have no idea how much of the cash in MS store actually goes to the dev 🙂

Graham

Edited by Moria15
  • Like 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

11 minutes ago, DPSimulation said:

Only through your own mistake. Just make sure to keep some sort of easily accessible record of what you own, something like a spreadsheet.

Let me guess, you work as an accountant 🙂 

I have been simming for more than 20 years, and I never had a spreadsheet of all my addons. I just know there are a lot of them. I do save the receipts though, and there it says where I got them. 

And of course it is going to be user error if I purchase it twice, but I am just exploring the edges of this. As Graham pointed out, it is not so difficult right now since there aren't all that many addons, but as we get along it will be more tricky. I don't think it is realistic for people to keep spreadsheets of their purchases to keep track. But of course, if we must we must. I hope not though. 

• Like 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

6 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I have been simming for more than 20 years, and I never had a spreadsheet of all my addons. I just know there are a lot of them. I do save the receipts though, and there it says where I got them. 

And of course it is going to be user error if I purchase it twice, but I am just exploring the edges of this. As Graham pointed out, it is not so difficult right now since there aren't all that many addons, but as we get along it will be more tricky. I don't think it is realistic for people to keep spreadsheets of their purchases to keep track. But of course, if we must we must. I hope not though. 

An accountant. 😁

Another way i've always done it in train simulation was to create a new folder in my email specifically for third party addons to where I save all email receipts, pretty foolproof really.

I imagine it is going to get difficult to keep track of, we're over 20 payware releases for airports (of differing quality) already.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DPSimulation said:

An accountant. 😁

Another way i've always done it in train simulation was to create a new folder in my email specifically for third party addons to where I save all email receipts, pretty foolproof really.

I imagine it is going to get difficult to keep track of, we're over 20 payware releases for airports (of differing quality) already.

I've got a Word doc going - but I play other PC games and other software - for all my keys and passwords.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Honestly, I am hoping that the number of add-ons I buy for this sim are way reduced overall.  I do most of my flying in the UK and around that area as I fly a lot in OnAir...   for regions outside UK, I'm pretty happy with the delivered stuff, so as I say, hopefully, it wont reach anything like the numbers for previous sims in add-ons that needed so much to just get a reasonable base system 🙂

Graham

Edited by Moria15
  • Like 1