Hi,
I don't know where the problem is but my buildings look like this ! :thinking:

jaj79vbo.png

My System :  

I9 9900K
Geforce 1080ti
32 GB Ram DDR 4 - 4400 
100 mbit internet connection

Terrain level of detail slider. And then don't zoom in your views quite so much.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

In the New York area, which is almost completely photogrammetry, the sim is still capable of outputting much better representations of buildings, and at much further distances that what you seem to be getting.

xOIFYS.jpg

tsL7kq.jpg

pR3aBR.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

It' not in the settings. I got the same problem. If you stay in the area, the buildings will pop up in better quality. They are just not loading.

I’ve had this occasionally and also can’t explain it as it’s quite an intermittent problem.

Hi there ! I'm experiecing the same thing.

I've settled down in Falcon Field (Atlanta Regional Airport KFFC) in Peachtree City which benefits from photogrametry.
At first I didn't even know the place was available for photogrametry and discovered it later on.
( Btw, I got a nice tour around Senoia and visited some Walking Dead shooting locations by the air 😄 ).

But, I have the same issue as the author.
Some random buildings sometimes arn't loading ( and looks like the ones on the author's screens ), but it's not the main issue. I found the forest to be the main issue in this area, more than the buildings.

I have entire forests that shows as a kind of pack of mud / plasticine.
Those forests are loading correctly as I'm getting closer and again change to mud as I'm going away.
So, it looks like a LOD issue, but moving the Terrain / Objects LOD sliders doesn't change anything.
I don't think it's a network issue even if I have a poor connection ( 32 Mbps ) as the assets are being loaded correctly when I'm getting closer.
I don't have to wait for them to load, I just have to go closer.
I don't have this issue with "standard" forests from non-photogrametric areas.

I've attached some screenshots.
You'll notice that there's a kind of a "boundary" from which the textures are not displayed with the same quality, forming a corner.
I don't have any manual cache ( tried it - no effect, I don't understand the purpose of that cache thing it seems totally broken, no difference at all with or without). Tried different settings, read some "tweaking" guides, can't get rid of this !

i7-6700K 4Ghz
GTX 1070 8 Gb
16 Gb RAM

SCREENSHOTS UNDER SPOILER

Spoiler

zyzodnhi.jpg
dl9vhk7z.jpg
zj7wzhzb.jpg

Edited by Khaz

Just now, Khaz said:

Reveal hidden contents

zyzodnhi.jpg
dl9vhk7z.jpg
zj7wzhzb.jpg

What are your internet speeds?

Devons rig

2 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:
4 minutes ago, Khaz said:

Reveal hidden contents

zyzodnhi.jpg
dl9vhk7z.jpg
zj7wzhzb.jpg

What are your internet speeds?

4 minutes ago, Khaz said:

I don't think it's a network issue even if I have a poor connection ( 32 Mbps ) as the assets are being loaded correctly when I'm getting closer.
I don't have to wait for them to load, I just have to go closer.

^^

Really don't think it's a network issue. As stated, the forests are being loaded / unloaded as I'm moving around, just like a LOD issue.
Asked some friends with much faster connection than mine to go there and check by themselves and some of them are experiecing same stuff.
If you wanna be curious head for KFFC. ^^

I have the same issue in Los angles area. I thought it’s my PC. I have 250mb internet. You need to report this bug so it gets fixed. It’s very annoying and ruins it the whole experience.

Evan 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, EBanalian said:

I have the same issue in Los angles area. I thought it’s my PC. I have 250mb internet. You need to report this bug so it gets fixed. It’s very annoying and ruins it the whole experience.

Evan 

So sad but I felt so eased when some friends told me they had the same problem at that same location.
It's been days since I'm looking for a fix I never found yet.

Bored to see forests gradually loading / unloading as I'm flying over and past them. 😭

The official forum consensus is that it's a LOD issue.

Personally I've just disabled photogrammetry and went with the ai buildings until they address this issue. The photogrammetry looks great when you're right above but in the distance it is absolutely terrible.

Even when manually cached, the distant buildings look like they are melting 

Edited by Jose Munoz

This is exactly how things look on my system.  At first I was blaming it on my older system that barely makes specs.  I call it the Stonehenge Affect the lack of a better term.  Basically most buildings except for those that are handmade look more like huge rocks sticking out the ground then actual buildings.  I was hoping more RAM and a video card upgrade would solve the issue but perhaps not?

As beautiful as the sim is this needs to be corrected.  Actually prefer the somewhat fake but highly detailed look in previous sims.  The high detail does not make much sense if all the buildings look in a city look like Stonehenge. 

Las vegas is the sme when you are close to the ground the cars look all melted also depends hone where shadows were when they converted the maps to 3d..seen some prety funky looking stuff. I'm most dispointed they didn't put the iconic beam atop the luxor..washington DC is a mess too thought they wpuld have hand constructed some of the iconic landmarks to get them right...shrugs