Sign in to follow this  
Gdavis0101

Valuable Lesson

At least for me anyways! I have been fiddling with FSX for the last 3 days and I found something very interesting, the lower water settings create more of an impact than that of the higher ones. Using 1.X, turning it off made it worse. I was getting lousy FPS in Seattle, turned it up to 2.X and bang! Flying over Seattle gives me frame rates at 20, with it locked at 24.. I also did the changes with the default.XML file and that made a big improvement, I don't have trees in the cities anymore but I think I can live with that.As for the Sahara Desert textures, I wont go into that.. But didn't anyone look at pictures of what the "real world" looks like.Oh well back to the real world tomorrow, but I am sure I will find myself back at the helm come my next weekend..I think I am going to have to buy another hard drive, just so I can install MSFS 2004 and revert back to that once and awhile until they make some changes or GE PRO comes out for FSX.