Sign in to follow this  

FSX is for Rip Van Winkle

Someone somewhere on this forum says that he can't wait until October 2007 to laugh at those who are now slagging of FSX. Well, that says it all. He is a pro-FSX poster and yet even he is admitting that we have to wait a yeat to use it. So as Rip Van winkle we should sleep for a year before we can use a product that was released a week or two ago. Or as some will no doubt point out to me, spend countless hours, tweaking the files that MS released to make this thing whirr a bit faster. Of course there's always the fairy god mother who comes bearing Vista and DX10. Jimbofly assures us that it will run smoothly then.

LOMAC was released in 2003. It was and still is very hardware intensive. To this day people are still complaining about LOMAC's performance .....----------------------------------------I'm not a beta tester, and I certainly don't wish to pay for the 'privilege'. Software should run smoothly on release ;)

Guest Jimbofly

Hey, I'm running FSX smoothly now! No tweaks.James

>He is a pro-FSX poster and yet even he>is admitting that we have to wait a yeat to use it.You totally misinterpreted my words. In that same topic (and in many others) you can read I'm a happy USER. I'm actually using the sim, so that should have made it clear to you I'm not waiting for a year. So please don't put words in my mouth I didn't say.Hey, Avsim, when will that new subforum 'FS opinions' be opened...? Or how about a lock on every pointless 'FS *****'-topic, like was done with hardware topics some time ago?

Guest gulfstreamg100

FSX Working great now for me too, the only tweaks i've done are the ones for the FSX.cfg..My system Athlon x2 4200+, Nvidia FX7600 512 MB, 4MB RAM...I'd never been "kicked out" of an ILS approach in any other FS version as i was yesterday using FSX, the tubulence effects, downdrafts, updrafts, are amazing..So very happy FSX user here..sorry! LOL..anyways, enjoy flightsimming, no matter what version you decide to use...Just dont generalize?, not everybody thinks the same about this stunning product!Best Regards,

Guest Tingoose

>Hey, I'm running FSX smoothly now! No tweaks.>>JamesNo tweaks, no autogen, no weather, no AI? Come on James be realistic. A screenshot would settle it. The demand from many is to fly a serious airliner like a PMDG 747 in and out of a busy airport with some weather, AI and autogen, as most can do in FS9. If you can do this in ayear's time with FSX you'll be lucky.

Guest Tingoose

>>He is a pro-FSX poster and yet even he>>is admitting that we have to wait a yeat to use it.>>You totally misinterpreted my words. In that same topic (and>in many others) you can read I'm a happy USER. I'm actually>using the sim, so that should have made it clear to you I'm>not waiting for a year. So please don't put words in my mouth>I didn't say.>>Hey, Avsim, when will that new subforum 'FS opinions' be>opened...? Or how about a lock on every pointless 'FS>*****'-topic, like was done with hardware topics some time>ago?You said it J van E. You made the provocative comment. you want to wait a year as you anticipate being able to have people eat their words beacuse you believe that in a year it'll be possible to run FSX satisfactorily. If you think it runs well now why wait a year to make that claim? Because it doesn't run well *now*. unless you're happy to dumb it down to a point where it looks like FS2002. What's the point. You people who are easily pleased will keep Aces off the hook. It's the so called whingers and complainers who are demanding a satisfactory product. If you're happy, what's the incentive to fix anything?

If you don't have the hardware to run it, or you're not satisfied with making certain concessions with the options, or you're just plain not happy with the performance of FSX, then just shelve it and go back to FS9.Either way, don't wrongfully implicate other people in your bitter crybaby routine.

Guest thedoggg

Hey, people are still moaning about FS9 performance. People just like to moan.Carlos

>You said it J van E. You made the provocative comment. you>want to wait a year as you anticipate being able to have>people eat their words beacuse you believe that in a year>it'll be possible to run FSX satisfactorily. If you think it>runs well now why wait a year to make that claim? Let me say it once again: you misunderstood (misunderstand) me. What I mean to say is that I'm sure that all moaners and whiners will be happy FS X addicts within a year. Do you really think a lot of you people will still be flying FS 2004 in october 2004? I don't think so. I myself am NOT waiting for a year to play the game: I am playing it right now. I was NOT saying that the game will run well within a year! I did NOT say that at all! I didn't even mention the word 'wait' (if I recall well)! I was not talking about hardware or anything! I was ONLY saying that I'm sure that in october 2007 most of us (if not all) will be flying in FS X and will have FS 2004 lying on the shelf, gathering dust. That's it. Reading well is an art...

>Hey, I'm running FSX smoothly now! No tweaks.>>James......."And if pigs had wings they could fly"...............

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest Tingoose

I challenge just one of you boys who love FSX and want us whingers to go away, just tell us how anything will ever be improved without telling the creators of FSX what the problems are. I'll be shot down in flames for saying this, but you boys who hate to see negative posts about FSX and say such things as "oh, well we've got it now so we might as well make the most of it. . " remind me of a bunch of sheep just getting on with it, no complaints, follow the good shepherd. He'll get us out of here!! Well if you want an inferior product then you'll get one. Meanwhile if there's any chance that Aces might decide to improve this product it'll be because someone told 'em to fix it and it wasn't the sheep!