Sign in to follow this  
Richard Muñoz

ParkPosGenerator on 2 flight sims

I have installed ParkPosGenerator. I have both FSX and P3d v4.5 installed on same PC. I have PSXseeconTraffic install as well which I use a lot for FSX. I just started using P3d v4.5 and thought about using PSXseeconTraffic for it as well. Within the PSXseeconTraffic program, it reads the airports from ParkPosGenerator as so, C:\ParkPosGenerator\airports

However, I have a question when using ParkPosGenerator for two flight simulators on same PC. If I were to run the ParkPosGenerator when reading the airports from P3d v4, will it cause any problems/changes to the airport files within the ParkPosGenerator airport folder when I run PSXseeconTraffic for FSX??

PSXseeconTraffic was not designed to support FSX and P3D at the same PC alternately.

If you want that you should use different names for the folders where PPG can put its output, such as FSX_airports and P3D_airports.

Same hold for your liveries, unless you have exactly the same liveries installed in FSX and P3D. If not use different names for the folders where AILG can put its output, such as FSX_liveries and P3D_liveries.

In PSXT you have to manually change the Airport Folder and Liveries Folder parameters each time you switch Simulator AND you have to save the  /parked_updates folder to a temporary location (say FSX_parked_updates and P3D_parked_updates) and install the saved /parked_updates folder that belangs to your chosen Simulator.

I see. I didn't know that it wasn't designed to do so. I will try the way you suggested. I want to say perhaps there may be another way but I'm going to try out first. Thanks for reaching out.

1 hour ago, Richard Muñoz said:

I see. I didn't know that it wasn't designed to do so.

That's because most people have (or run)  just 1 Simulator.