Sign in to follow this  
Rene777

No free flight, only challenge...

Hello all,

Re-installed for the 3rd time, this time through the ms store, not used my disks. Updated everything.

But when I set up a flight and press " Fly " nothing happens. No loading screen , no activity etc.So when I leftclick on" fly"  the button changes color shortly but that's it..

Strange thing is that I can fly the Courchevel challenge and that works fine.

Anybody an idea what might be the problem ?

Btw, I installed on my F drive. Which has MSFS2020 folder ( I created ), Program Files, WindowsApps and WpSystem.

In msfs2020 folder there is Community and Official. Is Community folder supposed to be empty ?

Hope someone can help  !

Greetings !

27 minutes ago, Rene777 said:

Is Community folder supposed to be empty ?

Yes (on initial install it's empty, mods and stuff go there).

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

33 minutes ago, Rene777 said:

Hello all,

Re-installed for the 3rd time, this time through the ms store, not used my disks. Updated everything.

But when I set up a flight and press " Fly " nothing happens. No loading screen , no activity etc.So when I leftclick on" fly"  the button changes color shortly but that's it..

Strange thing is that I can fly the Courchevel challenge and that works fine.

Anybody an idea what might be the problem ?

Btw, I installed on my F drive. Which has MSFS2020 folder ( I created ), Program Files, WindowsApps and WpSystem.

In msfs2020 folder there is Community and Official. Is Community folder supposed to be empty ?

Hope someone can help  !

Greetings !

Are you selecting a departure airport and runway

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Gotta pick a departure. On the planning map, click on something and you should get a fly-out menu with the option to choose that as the departure. If you do that on an airport, it will start you on the runway with the engine running, if you zoom in on the airport and pick a specific ramp slot, it'll start you there with the engine off.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Yes, I did. With offline Ai and a weather preset. Allthough I tried online/ realtime also.

Here´s another who has exactly the same thing. Bought few days ago a new computer MSI Mag 5 with Ryzen 7 processor and RTX 2060 video card with 16Gb of memory. Uninstalled once, deleted a CustomFlight folder which was one suggestion... nothing helps. Every other aspect of the sim works but creating my own flight does not. Following this. 

Tapani Österberg

Make sure you are familiar with all the buttons and stuff. A lot of it is covered in this review I did if you watch from timestamp 42:30 onward:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

My install was fine for days.. then , because fseconomy created a specific tbm930 profile, to get fse working with my mfs tbm930 I modified the aircraft.cfg for my tbm. 

Once I did that and loaded MFS , the fly button stopped working. For ALL planes not just the tbm. So I didnt think it was my modification at first. I restarted the game. Rebooted the pc and. Still.. no flying. Anyways,once it occured to me ,  I reverted the file ,reloaded the sim, and I could fly again.

Ofc my experience is only helpful if the OP omitted important details..but I figured it wouldn't hurt to mention it.

Edited by Wewk584

[XP11 BETA/FS2020 BETA] [Pilotedge BETA/Vatsim BETA] 

Not yet, but many on that forum has fixed the issue by using a non special alphabetic letters in their username. For example, i got an o with to dots over it in my username. Going to fix or change that quite soon. 

Edited by Virtpilot

Tapani Österberg

There is over 135 comments in that thread conserning that issue at official Flight Simulator forum. So we are not alone with that bug. 

Tapani Österberg

1 hour ago, Virtpilot said:

There is over 135 comments in that thread conserning that issue at official Flight Simulator forum. So we are not alone with that bug. 

well a profile without special characters seems to work for quite  a few....really a mistake from asobo/ms.

Yes, bought a sim on Friday and I haven´t had a single flight with it as I have struggled with bug the whole weekend. Prior to that, of course I have read the forums a lot and knew about the bugs.... However I took the risk and hit the "BUY" button. Well now that I´m aware about that special characters thing, let´s hope I´m able to fly finally this week. But it is just plain shameful for Microsoft and Asobo to publish something like this. Let´s just hope this becomes a basic textbook example for high schools of how NOT to publish a product.....

Edited by Virtpilot
  • Like 1

Tapani Österberg