Sign in to follow this  
Ianb745

Hello from Yorkshire

Hi everyone. I'm now a week in to MSFS 2020 and have had great fun hooning a Cessna round the sky but I've signed up here as I want to start getting into the more technical aspects such as autopilot, navigation and eventually to fly jets!!. I fly radio controlled model aircraft and the basic handling is identical but who new about the amount of trimming required!! With a model, you take of on its maiden, climb to a safe height, trim for straight and level and that's it, you never touch the trims again!! I've been watching some great tutorial YouTube videos (Squirrel) and I'm gaining confidence and knowledge as I go.

Ian

• Like 1

Hello Ian, from another Ian. formerly from Manchester, now Down Under.

Welcome to AVSIM!

Ian S

38.jpg

Welcome to Avsim. You'll find plenty of RC flyers here. 🙂

8hYgDnB.jpg

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Welcome Ian from across t'other side o't'Pennines! 🍻 

"What's that shadowy place over there?"

"That's Lancashire. One must never go there!"

With a model aeroplane you can set the trim and its fine, with a model helicopter (I've not flown for years!) you can't really take your eyes off it lest it turn round and bite you in the word not allowed. I really should get around to buying a foamy plane weighing less than 250 grams so I can fly with impunity anywhere (common sense anywhere of course!).

Trimming is indeed your friend in the sim (and in real life) although it can be an enemy if you don't realise what's happening.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

5 hours ago, HighBypass said:

Welcome Ian from across t'other side o't'Pennines! 🍻 

"What's that shadowy place over there?"

"That's Lancashire. One must never go there!"

With a model aeroplane you can set the trim and its fine, with a model helicopter (I've not flown for years!) you can't really take your eyes off it lest it turn round and bite you in the word not allowed. I really should get around to buying a foamy plane weighing less than 250 grams so I can fly with impunity anywhere (common sense anywhere of course!).

Trimming is indeed your friend in the sim (and in real life) although it can be an enemy if you don't realise what's happening.

Just heading over to Blackpool......😁.....in the sim of course. Plenty of cheap foamies about...you know it makes sense. Never flown a heli....never felt the urge.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ianb745 said:

Just heading over to Blackpool......😁.....in the sim of course....

A wise move... then keep going to the Isle of Man perhaps? :biggrin: All banter aside, it's another seaside town in the UK. They all have good and bad bits.. 🍻

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

1 minute ago, HighBypass said:

A wise move... then keep going to the Isle of Man perhaps? :biggrin: All banter aside, it's another seaside town in the UK. They all have good and bad bits.. 🍻

Any UK seaside town gets my vote....👍

• Like 1