Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Blurry ground and buildings

Hi,

I flew over New York for a test flight. I’m seeing all the ground textures and objects really blurry.

i74770k, GTX1080ti

• Like 1

Vernon Howells

Unfortunately it's not even close to the showcase.

I gave up on this "game". I run on a I9 10900K @ 5.3, 64 GB mem and on a Titan RTX and no mater what I got blurry textures on ground and objects. Inside the cockpit is chrystal clear. 

Every other sim that I have P3D and XP 11 is smooth, excellent performance, no micro-stutters clear textures and objects.

Very disappointing to see such a mess after all that beautiful showcase. 

They are so far way even from a initial beta version.

• Upvote 3

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

12 minutes ago, killthespam said:

Unfortunately it's not even close to the showcase.

I gave up on this "game". I run on a I9 10900K @ 5.3, 64 GB mem and on a Titan RTX and no mater what I got blurry textures on ground and objects. Inside the cockpit is chrystal clear. 

Every other sim that I have P3D and XP 11 is smooth, excellent performance, no micro-stutters clear textures and objects.

Very disappointing to see such a mess after all that beautiful showcase. 

They are so far way even from a initial beta version.

I do not have half the rig that you have, and I fly over Manhattan often, and the textures, buildings and otherwise, are all quite sharp for me while averaging 25 - 30 fps. Although such an fps average is horrid, unacceptable and unsatisfactory to some, the experience is still great & fluid for me.  I would suspect, then, that the anomalies have more to do with your display / card settings, etc. than they have to do with MFS software.

Edited by RustyFlyer
  • Like 2

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

6 minutes ago, RustyFlyer said:

I do not have half the rig that you have, and I fly over Manhattan often, and the textures, buildings and otherwise, are all quite sharp for me while averaging 25 - 30 fps. Although such an fps average is horrid, unacceptable and unsatisfactory to some, the experience is still great & fluid for me.  I would suspect, then, that the anomalies have more to do with your display / card settings, etc. than they have to do with MFS software.

Ok, so please guide me (teach me) or share what you think that I should do. I'm also on a  DELL P4317Q monitor that I can run 30 or 60 HZ.

I'm really open to suggestions please.

Just now, killthespam said:

Ok, so please guide me (teach me) or share what you think that I should do. I'm also on a  DELL P4317Q monitor that I can run 30 or 60 HZ.

I'm really open to suggestions please.

I'm not really sure that I am doing anything special. I run at 60Hz, I do not limit frame rates (either globally or for MFS specifically) in NCP, I limit frame rates to 30 in MFS, image sharpening is off in NCP, etc. But then again, I am currently running MFS at 1080p; perhaps this has to do with it.

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

I'm  at 3840x2160 otherwise picture quality is really bad on this monitor.

I will try your settings, thou I have a question regarding on how do you set DATA settings. I see lots of statements regarding that.

28 minutes ago, killthespam said:

I'm  at 3840x2160 otherwise picture quality is really bad on this monitor.

I will try your settings, thou I have a question regarding on how do you set DATA settings. I see lots of statements regarding that.

* Everything in Data Connection section: On

* Data Consumption Limit: 0
* Data Tracking Reset Day: 1
* Data Limitation: Off
* Data Bandwidth Usage: Unlimited

* Rolling Cache: On
* Rolling Cache Limit: 8GB lol ; ) (My connection is unlimited and it is very consistent and very reliable, I am happy with 30 fps, and any modest gains that I would personally realize by allowing MFS to reach into RC for purposes of presenting the scenery to me are less critical *to me*. Therefore I do not pack this contingency up, I let it stay as is, fresh out of the box.)
* Manual Cache: 0

Some of you guys must be trolls. Maybe you want to post pictures of your blurry textures. I've never had blurry textures and I'm running 4k on high settings. i7 10700k @ 5.1ghz, rtx 2080 super, 64gb ram 

29 minutes ago, RustyFlyer said:

* Everything in Data Connection section: On

* Data Consumption Limit: 0
* Data Tracking Reset Day: 1
* Data Limitation: Off
* Data Bandwidth Usage: Unlimited

* Rolling Cache: On
* Rolling Cache Limit: 8GB lol ; ) (My connection is unlimited and it is very consistent and very reliable, I am happy with 30 fps, and any modest gains that I would personally realize by allowing MFS to reach into RC for purposes of presenting the scenery to me are less critical *to me*. Therefore I do not pack this contingency up, I let it stay as is, fresh out of the box.)
* Manual Cache: 0

Thank you so much.

It did make a difference. I think that the software is not optimized above 34" monitor sizes and high definitions. As I did unplug the 43" Dell and put a smaller (34") monitor my picture quality became less blurry.

And for @devgrp if you don't mind, what is the size of your 4k monitor please? 

Let me try also my smaller Gaming monitor as currently around Manhattan on my 78” 4k Samsung i get blurry buildings.

Vernon Howells

12 hours ago, RustyFlyer said:

A mate played Rocket League on his mac with all options low and 20-30 fps. He said it looked beautiful and played very smooth while i played on max settings at 100 fps. Its all about personal preference. 

11 hours ago, devgrp said:

Some of you guys must be trolls. Maybe you want to post pictures of your blurry textures. I've never had blurry textures and I'm running 4k on high settings. i7 10700k @ 5.1ghz, rtx 2080 super, 64gb ram 

Same here I would like to see the pic also so I can compare

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

11 hours ago, killthespam said:

Thank you so much.

It did make a difference. I think that the software is not optimized above 34" monitor sizes and high definitions. As I did unplug the 43" Dell and put a smaller (34") monitor my picture quality became less blurry.

Great that you got it sorted, there is some great people in this Forum

• Like 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

20 hours ago, killthespam said:

Thank you so much.

It's a 27 inch LG 4k monitor, but I don't think the monitor size should make a difference. Pixels are the same 

Nothing to do with the monitor. I also get this problem with my smaller screen.

Vernon Howells