Sign in to follow this  
Guest EternalNY1

Tdragger says goodbye

<<>>And to think... all this time I thought we were talking to the actual programmers, only to find out they were imposters. Thanks for exposing the truth Dillon. ;-)

Guest EternalNY1

>At the end of the day I just wish FSX was what we all>expected. I feel I need to jump in.I am a RL commercial pilot and certified Microsoft developer. I had pre-ordered FSX. When I read about all the perf issues, I looked at my machine and realized that I wasn't going to be able to run it to my satisfaction, so I canceled the pre-order. I absolutely will purchase it when I feel my hardware has caught up.The thing I feel people are missing is how incredible and complex some of the features they added really are. The fact that we can slew all the way up into low earth orbit and glance down on the planet, with daylight making its way across the surface, and then smoothly zoom back down to our plane on the tarmac is incredible. This change from the flat-earth model of FS9 to what we have in FSX is an incredibly complex programming task.And that is just one minor facet of what has been added in FSX. Look at all the "minor" additions, such as a much more realistic flight model, smooth multi-player with the ability to control the tower, a massively scalable and configurable scenery engine. ####, we even have reflections off the cockpit windows!They went for it on all fronts, and the result is a simulation that has some serious hardware requirements, and a lot of people complaining.The only thing I think they really missed out on was the chance to get the core engine out of a single-thread and take advantage of the hyper -threading/multi-core systems we have today. I am optimistic they will address this in a future patch.But the bottom line is... a few years from now, I guarantee we will all look at FSX as a huge step forward for the franchise.