Sign in to follow this  
styckx

What is going on with FlightBeam KDEN? -- SOLVED!

26 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Here you go....

Bought it yesterday and immediately did a flight from Burbank into Denver.  I agree with Steve, seems there may be an underlying issue with your settings or system. 

Edited by n4gix
Removed unnecessary long quote!

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

\Just out of complete fairness to FlightBeam, and even though this isn't a "community" folder addon..

I deleted literally everything in my Community folder not silly to the fact an outside addon could interfere 

I also deleted UserCfg and FlightSimulator.cfg..  I give up.. I'm not a "modder" at all and my sim is pretty much default

I run on ultra (see sig)

1or9HHA.jpg

For those who think this is a settings issue.. This is Default San Francisco..  I run on ultra (see sig for specs) 

QMF3zb6.jpg

Edited by styckx

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Was on their forums and it was said that there’s an issue with updates not being passed on in the Marketplace. Something abt the marketplace being updated so no new content can be added for a short time. The update should be out next week. Only those who bought directly from them have the update right now. 

I think when it installs, the software is supposed to disable the custom KDEN that comes with the simulator. If anything, use the content manager on the menu to make sure the built in KDEN is disabled.

It's a long shot, but try caching the live version of that area of the world in advance, and then checking it again.  I believe I've read that sometimes the terrain mesh can stream in wonky depending on your connection to the servers.

I'd also definitely let FB know, as if it's an outdated version or something, they will probably recognize your issue right away.

If it's fine for other people, as seems to be the case, then it has to be an actual problem somewhere.

Just now, SirKibble said:

Was on their forums and it was said that there’s an issue with updates not being passed on in the Marketplace. Something abt the marketplace being updated so no new content can be added for a short time. The update should be out next week. Only those who bought directly from them have the update right now. 

Thank you.. And this is infuriating..  The marketplace i s the first line of defense for developers who allow their product on the marketplace..  And you're telling me the MarketPlace products are inferior to what the developer is actually releasing? 

I've defended this sim  from the start but when my hard earned money for the addons they are directly promoting starts to get involved it's not exactly making me a happy camper.. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

3 minutes ago, SirKibble said:

Yeah, stuff on the marketplace is halted until September 10th I believe.

Just now, styckx said:

Thank you.. And this is infuriating..  The marketplace i s the first line of defense for developers who allow their product on the marketplace..  And you're telling me the MarketPlace products are inferior to what the developer is actually releasing? 

I've defended this sim  from the start but when my hard earned money for the addons they are directly promoting starts to get involved it's not exactly making me a happy camper.. 

They aren't supposed to be inferior.  It was announed a few days ago that Marketplace updates and new products were going to be halted until around Sept 10th due to a technical issue Asobo needed to work out.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, styckx said:

The marketplace version and direct purchase version are meant to be of the same quality, the problem is that updates can’t go to the marketplace right now because Asobo/Microsoft are currently renovating it and so no new content can be added to it yet which is beyond the control of the 3rd party devs. Once everything is done, updates can be sent to you guys and everyone will be on the same page. The newest version fixes all the issues with elevation and stuff. 

8 minutes ago, Scottoest said:

Yeah, stuff on the marketplace is halted until September 10th I believe.

Yes, the 10th hopefully.

13 minutes ago, FrankSalo said:

I think when it installs, the software is supposed to disable the custom KDEN that comes with the simulator. If anything, use the content manager on the menu to make sure the built in KDEN is disabled.

YOU ARE MY HERO..

You were right.. The default KDEN was NOT disabled.. I uninstalled it (had to delete the actual directory so it could be downloaded again if I wished).  Soon as I did that... Everything was correct..

gOpvcUJ.jpg

11 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Does this addon install inside the community folder or does it symlink inside it (like Orbx).  

I use the Steam version and my FB and ORBX installs are ALL in the Community folder.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 minute ago, styckx said:

You were right.. The default KDEN was NOT disabled.. I uninstalled it (had to delete the actual directory so it could be downloaded again if I wished).  Soon as I did that... Everything was correct.

There's a sticky on FB's KDEN forum page.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Just now, Dave_YVR said:

There's a sticky on FB's KDEN forum page.

Thanks. To be fair with the new flight simulator I was (sadly) depending on Microsoft to get things right to help eliminate the task of having to rely on developers actual sites for stuff like this. It's a bit convoluted that a problem with the in game mechanics of addon deployment is only solved by somehow knowing the developer who made it had a fix for it on their forums.. It shouldn't be this way..

Glad you sorted it.

Funny reading these.

3 hours ago, styckx said:

I can forgive the poor ground imagery supplied to them, but I can't forgive the zero effort give to correct the numerous elevation issues.  If common folk can fix 300+ miles of the Missouri river elevation issues surely a payware developer can deal with these unsightly deformities. 

Pretty much everything outside the main terminal is rubbish. 

People just love jumping in lol

2 hours ago, Huascar said:

Yes it is. These developers are rushing to make a buck and have no concern for quality control. I think MSFS is good as it is and with the exception of a few, there is no need to start buying ‘rubbish’ add-ons. If Orbx is messing things up, just think about the quality of other third party software. The flight sim community is taken advantages of because we buy things blindly - driven by emotional impulses.

Yer right! just a fast buck!

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip