Sign in to follow this  
Wink207

Frame rates 0.5 to 5 Help!

Well, after reading all the work you guys have done on this bird, I bought it today, installed it, and had the same problem I have had with other Carenado aircraft.

Frame rates less than 5. Running FSX. I have a mid range system 4.6 on the CPU and a Titan X. So my system should not be overpowered. I have seen this in the past and sometimes it is cured by playing around with accesses to the Carenadonavigraph folder. So I changed some permissions and accesses with no joy. Before installing the 560 I uninstalled all my other Carenado aircraft as I have seen some interference in the past.

Right now this one is dead. I know I can go to the GTN but I would really like to have one of the Carenados actually work in "native mode".

I'd appreciate any ideas.

Thanks

Rick

Try this: if you don't already have cockpit tooltips turned on, do that first. Then, in the virtual cockpit, find an adjustable knob like the heading or course selectors. Then let your mouse "hand" hover over the top of that knob until the tooltip shows a value, then rotate the knob using the mouse wheel. After that, you should see an fps increase, if this weird bug of mine is what is causing you issues. This has always worked for me on carenado planes, but I still can't figure out why this bug exists or why what I suggest fixes it.. 

I hope this helps. 

After I disabled "aircraft casts shadows on itself" , I think its called like this, my framerates increased from 5-6 fps, looking at the PFD, to 15+ fps. Every other suggestion made in this forum didn't work for me.

MG