Sign in to follow this  
sonny147

Getting obsessed

Problem is beauty vs functionality.  Since MSFS came out, I haven't flown any of my beautiful complex aircraft available in the other sims, only the sub-complex aircraft that are available in MSFS, just to see the gorgeous scenery.

• Like 4

I had  a moment yesterday. I was flying around northern New Mexico. This is an area I'm pretty familiar with. I had a tangible feeling of being there. It was truly impressive. This sim looks beyond what I thought was practical to achieve.

Yeah. The lack of top shelf aircraft is a fact, but I've waited 30 years for this kind of experience, so I can wait a few months/years for the aircraft. Besides, the included single engine aircraft are pretty much okie-dokie.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I can't play it, dam work lol I always seem to be there

• Like 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I'm addicted as well, once more stuff starts rolling out such as landmark, poi, city packs, 3rd party aircrafts, shared cockpit, and the whole nine yards, I don't think I can even sleep!

• Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

The problem that some friends had back in the days of FSX is that they could not manage to flip that mental switch and fully realize that we was at home in a chair so it took me a while to find a way to help them flip that switch and that was the moment they stopped looking for errors and enjoyed what was on the screen . Yet we all agreed that there was a ton of improvement left to fix but we till this day enjoy the experience even now with FS2020 ... 

I know when and how a certain aircraft is supposed to act like in real life and yet sims may not be 100% accurate but I enjoy the experience.

guys level D sims that’s worth millions go haywire sometimes too . 

• Like 2

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Not sure if I’d be diagnosed as an addicted yet, only the professionals can tell me that. But every time I go to fire up (other sim) and do a meaningful and satisfying long haul PMDG flight across the pond. I accidentally click the FS2020 icon and do a quick low level VFR sight seeing flight somewhere that lasts for hours.

Got to admit doing VFR is great again.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Keto Ketchup said:

I'm starting to get obsessed with everything wrong with it... Not because I hate the sim, but because I love it! Now if only it would start loving me back, LOL.

hahah funny,. she will, eventually, keep trying, perseverance works, dont kick her. hahaha

Not really obsessed yet, no. I'm still playing it daily and ejoying it but there are still quite a few niggles to iron out before I get to the obsessive stage.

Yep proper obsessed, had an absolutely brilliant experience flying through the Swiss Alps yesterday in my beloved C152 followed by an iced up cabin landing in Alaska.

...and just to think that this is only the beginning!

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Getting obsessed?

Already there. Thank you!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.