Sign in to follow this  
Briany

Geographical routes you like to fly?

Started from a little strip close to my home town in Central Italy with the G1000 C172

Using Little Navmap to plan a 100/150 nm trip to another strip each evening I can devote to flight.

Went up to Innsbruck then East, now slightly North. Currently in Crackow, Polony.

Plan is to reach north Norway from the East/Russian side and then get down to visit central and west europe awaiting for the wind bug to be fixed. Then will see where to go next (North Africa or North America).

When not in mood to plan a trip I'm enjoying the north america bush trips...

The scenery is amusing. As of now I really get relaxed just wondering around and I'm really not missing any "more areonautical" activity/feature.

• Like 1

Marco Manieri

Perugia - Italy

169055.png

I have been chasing the "Main South" railway line in Australia westward from Moss Vale, with a quick diversion down to Unanderra. Looks totally different (and lovely) in FS20 compared to how FSX or XP11 default scenery visualise it.

6 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

wait... what?  you gotta see my post above... 🙂

I grew up in the Seattle/Tacoma area.  Cost of living drove me out, but I still love the area, and for flying it's magnificent.  My dad and his friend bought a C172 together and he took me for a flight from Crest Airpark around the area and the back.  I was less than 10 years old.  I still remember that flight though.  But I also recall not thinking that Crest Airpark was a "real airport" because real airports have paved runways, not grass fields (lol).  I remember trying to convince him to hanger the plane down in Auburn Municipal because it had a "real runway"

A couple more neat flights in the area is KRNT - > Ocean Shore Municpal and KRNT -> Eaton State in the cascades.  

I usually either take off from KTIW or KRNT.   KTIW because I have the Orbx scenery of that airport and the Narrows bridges look so nice, and KRNT because my mom's house is less than a 1/2 mile from the airport.  

It would be so nice to have a "VFR/IFR for GA flying" route forum, were we could share great route and unload the routes for each other to DL.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

for the ppl that like bushflying, there is still the fab return to misty mooring site, with loads of flightplans.

for older sims yes, but the flightplans can be used.

15 minutes ago, zalox said:

This topic without images... bla bla bla 🙂

easy solution, dont read it.

I've been checking out the Florida keys and the default scenery looks really amazing with all the tiny islands.  The flight from Key West (keyw) or even Marathon if you want a little shorter (KMTH) to the Ocean Reef private airport (07FA) is a fun flight.  

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

1 hour ago, zalox said:

This topic without images... bla bla bla 🙂

I do prefer fly to places mentioned here and see the sceneries in the sim rather than here as a screenshots.  That´s why I didn´t want to see the pre release videos at YT. If I´ve seen there sceneries beforehand, where is the excitement.

Take off from Tenzing-Hillary Airport (VNLK Lukla), steer through the mountains avoiding the many peaks (fun in a glass cockpit and IMC), then head to Tribhuvan International (VNKT Kathmandu). Spectacular scenery all the way.

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Great post!

I’m having a great time exploring the different corners of the world, both civilized and remote. 

My finest experiences in MSFS so far has been exploring the Andes mountain range. My plan is to eventually cover the whole range from Caracas in the north all the way down to Torres del Paine and Alberto de Agostini National Park in Chile. 

My best flight so far in the Andes: Grand Caravan from SPGL Chagual (enhanced airport) situated deep in a canyon in the Peruvian Andes. The challenging climb out through the narrow valleys is VFR only! 😁

Due to the high altitudes I doubt it will be possible to get very far (or rather high) in anything but a turboprop. I find that the Caravan is the perfect aircraft with its short field performance. The TBM quickly becomes a bit too fast for sightseeing 🙂

Then a stop at the small airfield SPNM Nuevo Mundo in the lush rainforests on the eastern side of the Andes, before an exciting RNAV arrival into Cusco with its elevation of almost 11000ft.

Be sure to take lots of screenshots! Here’s a sample:

e1FiX4b.jpg

Edited by flavik77
  • Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 hour ago, kerosene31 said:

I've been checking out the Florida keys and the default scenery looks really amazing with all the tiny islands.  The flight from Key West (keyw) or even Marathon if you want a little shorter (KMTH) to the Ocean Reef private airport (07FA) is a fun flight.  

I've been taking a virtual "air cruise" since the cruise ships are still laid up.  KFXE->MYNN->MBGT->TJSJ.  I'm hangered there.  My next stop will be TNCM, and after that TFFJ.  Lots of empty blue ocean betwen there, but flying into areas I've only visited by sea is pretty cool.

Unfortunately, my shenanigans in the Caribbean have been interrupted by an urgent requirement for me to fly trekkers and supplies from Kathmandu to Lukla for climbing season.  I recently watched some You Tube videos of Lukla and Microsoft nailed it.  However, if you further investigate the village surround the airport with the drone, you'll find that Lukla has multiple Buddha Lodge locations further in the village  (nice building reuse by the dev team).  There are at least 4 Buddha Lodges in MSFS Lukla, making it one of the fastest growing Hotel chains in Nepal (lol).

Edited by wthomas33065
  • Like 1

On 9/8/2020 at 5:13 PM, wthomas33065 said:

Why ruin it?  Experience it for yourself.  😉

Skyvector routes! 

On 9/8/2020 at 5:23 PM, Chock said:

Take off from Tenzing-Hillary Airport (VNLK Lukla), steer through the mountains avoiding the many peaks (fun in a glass cockpit and IMC), then head to Tribhuvan International (VNKT Kathmandu). Spectacular scenery all the way.

Would be great to do this one as a group flight. Haven’t been there in MSFS actually.

Anyone interested?

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”