47 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Stan,

Can you give me the exact model of your monitor and I’ll check if it supports 30Hz. If you set it in Nvidia Control Panel it should stick. I’ve never had mine revert to 60Hz.

Yes, the mouse is jerky but I’ve learned to accept that because the benefits of staying with 30Hz are so good.

What CPU and GPU do you have?

Here's my system:

Jetline Systems Gravity GT2 

Operating System:       Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit)
Chassis:                       NZXT S340 Elite Mid-Tower, Black
Motherboard:               Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 5, LGA 1151
Processor:                   Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock) 
Core                            Six Core
CPU Cooling:              Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 Liquid Cooling
System Memory:         32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz
Graphics Processor:   11GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, PCI Express 3.0
System Power:            850 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply
Sound Card:                7.1 High Definition Integrated Audio
Primary Drive:             1TB Samsung EVO 860 Solid State Drive (SSD)
NVMe SSD:                1TB Samsung EVO PLUS 970 Solid State Drive (SSD)

NvMe SSD:                1TB Sabrent Solid State Drive (SSD)
Secondary Drive:       2TB Mechanical Drive
Optical Drive:             20x DVD/CD Burner Drive (USB)

My monitor is the LG 27UL600 (4K, IPS)

Stan

Stan, your CPU and GPU are almost the same as mine. But the monitor doesn’t support 30Hz at 3840*2160. Probably why it reverts to 60Hz.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Stan, your CPU and GPU are almost the same as mine. But the monitor doesn’t support 30Hz at 3840*2160. Probably why it reverts to 60Hz.

Ah...Thought so.  Thanks, Ray.  I should be satisfied with 4.5 of P3d.  It works beautifully.  Someday I'll figure out why V5 isn't so reliable for me.  Maybe when 5.1 comes out, all will be well.

Stan

Stan,

I’m very happy with v4.5 too and waiting for 5.1 before I even consider it. But as the PMDG737 is fine in v4 but may not be in v5 it’s not a given.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

one of the posters on another board was kind enough to send me a video of several games running in 1080, 2560x1444, and 3840x2160 simultaneously.  So....since the 3000 series of cards aren't yet out, and my old 1070 runs my 1080 quite well, I thought I might go ahead and spring for a new monitor.  But here's my question.  If I buy a 4K monitor, will it run as well in 2K mode as a 2k only monitor ?  If the answer is no, then at this point, it would seem best to hold at a 2K only monitor.  

Opinions ??

I think the common wisdom is that if you run a monitor at anything other than the advertised resolution, you will not be particularly satisfied.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

@anitelite, I have a UHD monitor and a pretty good one to boot. Unfortunately FS Labs Concorde has to run in 32-bit P3D v3.4 and the 4Gb limit on VAS means I have to set screen resolution to 1920*1080 to avoid running out of memory.

Now given that is exactly one quarter of UHD you’d think the clarity would hardly be comprised but sadly it is. In terms of performance, i.e. fps, it will be fine but not for image quality.

Moral of the story? Never ever run a monitor at anything other than its native resolution.

Upgrade your graphics card first and then get the UHD monitor.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

12 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Now given that is exactly one quarter of UHD you’d think the clarity would hardly be comprised but sadly it is. In terms of performance, i.e. fps, it will be fine but not for image quality.

I agree. More importantly, though, because 2k doesn’t divide cleanly into 4k like full HD does (from a resolution perspective), a 2k image would look even more fuzzy on a 4k screen. You’re not using a uniform square of pixels (2 x 2 or 4 x 4, for example) on screen to represent a single pixel in the image.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit