Sign in to follow this  
hvw

Slew mode

Do any of you know how to get into slew mode? 

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

11 minutes ago, hvw said:

Thanks.

press Y

• Like 1

Intel Core i7 8700k clocked to 4.6GHz, GTX1080Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSFS installed on NVMe drive, Windows 11, Dell 27" 60Hz Monitor + Dell 24" 60Hz Monitor. Resolution 1920x1080. Game Mode on, GPU scheduling enabled (Win11). MSFS settings: High-End for airlines, Ultra for GA.

1 minute ago, aktorsyl said:

press Y

Didn't work 🙂 I tried to do so but the plane (A320) stayed put when I hit F1 after hitting Y. We sorely miss a manual with MSFS2020

• Like 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

@hvw you might find 

handy, it gives you the slew controls. Y gets you in but movement is with WASD or the arrow keys or numpad (it use to be with the stick, but not any more)

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

21 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

@hvw you might find 

handy, it gives you the slew controls. Y gets you in but movement is with WASD or the arrow keys or numpad (it use to be with the stick, but not any more)

Thanks. From the old FS days I remembered that F1 would get you to a higher altitude while in slew mode, so I tried it here, too 🙂 Thanks a lot for pointing me to this reference sheet, that really comes in handy. (MS should have supplied at least one with the simulator in the first place, I feel 🙂  )

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

5 hours ago, ckyliu said:

Y gets you in but movement is with WASD or the arrow keys or numpad (it use to be with the stick, but not any more)

@ckyliu Unfortunately the "Y" key sets me in one or another camera mode. I went thru the General Options but can't find an option to disable it. Any other thoughts on this matter?

Thanks,

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

The way slew works now is it forces you to an outside camera, but as soon as you unslew by pressing Y again, the camera is restored.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

1 minute ago, ckyliu said:

The way slew works now is it forces you to an outside camera, but as soon as you unslew by pressing Y again, the camera is restored.

Will give it another try, thanks again.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

6 hours ago, ckyliu said:

@hvw you might find 

Is there a way to slew small distances? When I press an arrow key the plane slews really, really far. Sometimes I just want to make a micro adjustment on the ground if I don't like where the plane is parked.

You could reassign the key commands to a controller axis

support1.jpg

9 hours ago, hvw said:

We sorely miss a manual with MSFS2020

Truer words were never spoken.

Edited by mick92627
  • Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 5:37 AM, hvw said:

Thanks.

In MSFS, go into Controls, and you can assign keyboard and flight yoke commands for slewing. Y is default for entering slew mode, just as in FSX.

• Like 1

Thanks. I finally found all options 🙂

Edited by hvw

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

On 9/7/2020 at 12:34 PM, hvw said:

Thanks. From the old FS days I remembered that F1 would get you to a higher altitude while in slew mode

No, it never did. F3 and 4 did.

• Upvote 1

On 9/7/2020 at 9:38 AM, NightOfDreams said:

Is there a way to slew small distances? When I press an arrow key the plane slews really, really far. Sometimes I just want to make a micro adjustment on the ground if I don't like where the plane is parked.

YES! You can map the X, Y, and Z axes of the joystick to do the following: +X axis to Translate Left, -X Axis to Translate Right. -Y axis to Translate Forward, +Y axis to Translate Backward. -Z Axis to Yaw Right, and +Z Axis to Yaw Left. On a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, these mappings allow you to move the plane as slowly as about 5 mph, maybe a little less. Still a little too fast for very tiny adjustments to position, but better than the default keyboard mappings. The Yaw motion is slow enough to let you get your plane lined up pretty accurately on a runway centerline. NOTE: Setting the sim speed to a higher or slower speed does not affect slewing speed, unlike FSX.

Edited by lgcharlot
Added a sentence
  • Like 4