Sign in to follow this  
sightseer

default camera zoom and eyepoints

I wanted to set the default zoom (initial zoom) of the spot viewto .7 and so I changed it in cameras.cfg but still it defaults to 1.00 in the sim.Does anyone know how/where to change the default zoom?Also: in FS9 there was a way to set a default eyepoint in the VC but I can'tfind it in FSX. Anyone know where it is?Help is greatly appreciated.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

The cameras.cfg contains general settings and the aircraft.cfg contains airplane specific settings. However... I fooled around with both and am now stuck with a default zoom of 0.69, while I want 0.9... No matter what I change in both files, the zoom stays 0.69. So somehow somewhere there must be another setting that influences this all...

Dave,Recommending that you use the cameras info in SDK for details and descriptions but here's the 'compressed version'.make sure you are editing the cameras.cfg in:Documents and SettingsusernameApplication DataMicrosoftFSX foldernot the one in the FSX root folder.Basic camera definitions with GUIDs in the cameras.cfg. Modified versions in each aircraft. Match the GUIDs to see which is which in the Aircraft.cfg Add/edit the zoom in the aircraft config. The sim's initial startup zoom should come from the cameras.cfg if you edited the active one - but conceivably could come from that initial first start up flight, FLTSIM.FLTThe default eyepoint, I believe, still starts in the aircraft.cfg with the "eyepoint =" entry. If you move it and save the flight, that saved flight also has camera information so you should see the changes when reloading the flight.Hope this helpsLoyd

Hi again J van.Been there, done that....Only I trashed the Hotkey assignments and nearly gave up. What fixed my issues was placing the desired Hotkey assignments in the correct camera definitions in the ORIGINAL default flight: FLTSIM.FLT. (loaded at the startup if you don't go directly to a saved default flight - I think.) Try that and see if that don't do it....look in the FSXflightsother folderLoyd

Aha...! That indeed could be it! I'll check out the .flt files as soon as I get home. Thanks for the tip, Loyd! :)

Hi Loyd -thanks much!I found the eyepoints in the aircraft.cfg files.I loaded the default flight and changed the zoom in the spot view to .7and then saved that as the default flight and now it defaults to '.7' which is what I wanted.thanks again!

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

I got a long way by editing the flt files but still got one camera not doing what I want. In the end (thx to the tip) I just zoomed in the views to my liking, saved the flight (checking Make this the default flight) and that worked! ;) All my views are perfect now. :)

>>Hi Loyd ->>thanks much!>>I found the eyepoints in the aircraft.cfg files.>>I loaded the default flight and changed the zoom in the spot>view to .7>and then saved that as the default flight and now it defaults>to '.7' which is what I wanted.>>thanks again!>>Could you post what you changed?

>>>>Hi Loyd ->>>>thanks much!>>>>I found the eyepoints in the aircraft.cfg files.>>>>I loaded the default flight and changed the zoom in the spot>>view to .7>>and then saved that as the default flight and now it>defaults>>to '.7' which is what I wanted.>>>>thanks again!>>>>>>Could you post what you changed?>Sure...I loaded the default flight and selected spot view and then used '-'(minus key)to adjust zoom to .7 and then saved the flight as 'new default flight'and clicked 'make this the default flight'.Unfortunately, changing the initialzoom values in either or both cameras.cfg filesseems to have no effect.