Sign in to follow this  
Asterix2112

Washington DC Scenery gets political

If it exists, it exists, lol.

Adding a flat texture to the ground is also considerably less work than modeling some stadiums etc.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, RustyFlyer said:

Said by the only two people injecting politics into a thread concerning this particular scenery product. lol

WIKIPEDIA:

"Black Lives Matter (BLM) is a decentralized political and social movement"

One word in the above: POLITICAL

Chris Camp

2 minutes ago, KillingJoke said:

Maybe your friend should have chosen another job then, law enforcement is no kindergarten.

You sound and most likely are a complete word not allowed considering that this is the only thing you typed and didn't elaborate. 

With that said, elaborate on your line of thinking please.

• Like 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

30 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

I am actually shocked they put this in there!!!!

I have a law enforcement friend who was seriously injured by a BLM supporter in an ambush style attack recently!

No matter where one stands... This is a political statement and Politics don't belong in flight sim scenery PERIOD!

Not trying to get political as well but they find the time to include this and not the MLK memorial.  Second BLM should stand for more than just police incidents but all the lives lost in places like Baltimore and Chicago by people slaying people of the same race (gangs). That's the problem here.  Martin Luther King stood for all lives matter and in this scenery his monument was omitted.  Hey, what can you expect these guys are form Russia I believe.   

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Ok maybe this should be locked... And notice they did not add in the 'Defund The Police' which was added in later (was not their originally when I took my 13 year old mentee down there a while back the day after they painted this, though you can see it in Google Maps now).

I think in this forum is fine to comment on the uniqueness of this inclusion and recognizing that their is a political aspect to it, but not to debate the BLM movement itself. That is not what this forum is for.

Also, for those who do not know DC, one of the major reasons for this is not necessarily support of BLM, but anytime DC Government can stick it to the Federal Government they will. There is a VERY antagonistic relationship there that has gone on for decades (hence the 'Taxation Without Representation' on the DC license plates). So the fact that a huge BLM is 2 blocks from Trumps house, which Bowser (DC Mayor) knows ticks Trump off, so they (DC Gov't) definitely likes sticking it to Trump. Just part of the uniqueness of DC!

• Upvote 3

Before this thread is locked or just vanish, I'd like to add that I love it when people talk politics because it shows their true colors. It's probably why most don't discuss politics. Something to think about while the thread is still visible.

• Like 4

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Not trying to get political as well but they find the time to include this and not the MLK memorial.  Second BLM should stand for more than just police incidents but all the lives lost in places like Baltimore and Chicago by people slaying people of the same race (gangs). That's the problem here.  Martin Luther King stood for all lives matter and in this scenery his monument was omitted.  Hey, what can you expect these guys are form Russia I believe.   

As stated before, modeling the MLK monument, Vietnam memorial, Korea memorial, Audi Field etc... would be a lot harder then just adding Black Lives Matter to a street.  Hopefully they will get around to the others, but they still did an AMAZING job.

And they are from Poland, not Russia.

Edited by Asterix2112

12 minutes ago, FAZZ3 said:

So you’re saying you believe an entire race deserves unequal treatment just because on of your friends got injured by some rabid protester?

Typical virtue signaling response...

He never said that at all... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

18 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Mods, please lock this thread, because it's just going to get real nasty real fast. 

Pretty please!!!!

Before the mods themselves get into it, posts start getting selectively deleted, and people make long, supposedly non-political speeches about their political feelings on the matter......

After which it gets locked anyway, after 50 pages of nonsense that reveals more about some of us than I suspect most of us really ever wanted or needed to know on a site we come for enjoyment to talk about toy airplanes.

• Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

3 minutes ago, Dillon said:

You were doing so well until that last bit. I do hope the irony of what you typed in that closing sentence isn't completely lost on you.

• Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

If you can't discuss politics and religion, what else is there to discuss?  🙂

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I think the devs probably refreshed the base terrain image right before release, everything else (monuments and buildings) requiring more effort to create than a few mouse clicks. Be interesting to see whether it's on Bing or Google at the moment.

• Upvote 1

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

Just now, Manny said:

If you can't discuss politics and religion, what else is there to discuss?  🙂

Well, I guess you could discuss not being able to discuss it. 🤣

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here