Sign in to follow this  
Brian_A_Neuman

MSFS Library is up!

Good Morning,

I was informed by our IT department that the MSFS Library is now functioning for uploads and downloads. If you upload anything, please adhere to the guidelines and remember that piracy is not tolerated. Thank you for your patience while we got this up and running.

• Like 18
  • Upvote 1

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

6 minutes ago, spilok said:

WHERE is this library?

Unless i'm missing something (often happens!) then surely it's the 'AVSIM Library' that's always at the top of the page?

But at this time there´s not mutch in there, not even one Paint off an A320 😏

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

5 hours ago, pmplayer said:

But at this time there´s not mutch in there, not even one Paint off an A320 😏

cheers 😉

Needs to have you upload some!!  🙂 

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

How do I view the entire Library ie; not use the search function? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

IMO, not much is ever going to be uploaded to AVSIM.

People want the scenery (derived from Goole Earth) which is available from a number of sites.

Will AVSIM allow this to be uploaded, or if not, then linked to in the library?

• Like 2

Matthew S

This is the closest thing that I am aware of.

5 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

How do I view the entire Library ie; not use the search function? 

This is the closest thing that I am aware of.

er4JeVHl.jpg

On 9/9/2020 at 8:58 AM, DPSimulation said:

Unless i'm missing something (often happens!) then surely it's the 'AVSIM Library' that's always at the top of the page?

You're not missing anything.  I did check there and the library was MISSING MSFS stuff the first day I checked.  I see now that there are some files starting to populate there.

Stan

Edited by spilok

The populating of the library is dependent on individuals uploading. We do not create the files here. They only become available on Avsim.com when an author CHOOSES to have one here. We don't solicit files nor do we farm other sites.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

For me Flightsim.to is the place to go for MSFS files. It's layout is so much better, and there's large pictures of everything, so you can better see what your downloading. I really think it's time for AVsim to update their layout to be on par with other flightsim pages out there.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

I think the functionality of the library is still very good, even if it looks dated. It has all I need maybe except a voting system, but you can estimate by the number of downloads. I also like the zipdive feature a lot. I hope creators keep adding their stuff.

• Like 2

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

I went looking, and although I found the odd MSFS file, there didn't appear to be any obvious location to look for files.

Currently, at Flightsim.com, there are well over 100 files available for download. At NexusMods, there are 242 downloads for MSFS, Flightsim.to boasts some 600+ downloads, and Avsim looks like it is losing the focus of the average simmer looking for add-ons for MSFS. Looking at these other sites, apart from flightsim.com who haven't upgraded their presentation of add-ons, the other sites appear to be going all out to match the store that the sim has inside it at least.

I also notices that Avsim doesn't appear in the list of sites recommended on the official MSFS website, which is either an oversight or a snub - I don't know which.
Either way, Avsim, which has been at the forefront on flight sim support since Adam was a pup, is likely to be completely sidelined, which would sadden me immensely for the site that has done more for the hobby than most others.

Just my 2c

• Like 2