Sign in to follow this  
BMW969

Professionalism and Simmarket

I am looking at new releases from Simmarket and wondering. Are they checking their posts or are they sunbathing on the beach?

Are they willing to charge money for every shed or tree? I think it is necessary to refuse to post such content. I see no artistic value in these works

1a3jn9.jpg

2ybjmc.jpg

I ask the moderator to move the topic to the section 2020

Edited by BMW969

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

I am really indifferent on this. As it is probably a good thing that small independent developers have a place where they can easily sell their things. But literally 90% what goes online there is pure junk. So I am not sure if they are doing themselves any favours. Just today someone uploaded a few liveries for FS9 for 12 EUR. The reviews are not really helping as most of those items don't have any. But I take it as a good sign and hope, nobody falls for it. 

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

5 minutes ago, officercrockey said:

I am really indifferent on this. As it is probably a good thing that small independent developers have a place where they can easily sell their things. But literally 90% what goes online there is pure junk. So I am not sure if they are doing themselves any favours. Just today someone uploaded a few liveries for FS9 for 12 EUR. The reviews are not really helping as most of those items don't have any. But I take it as a good sign and hope, nobody falls for it. 

This is clear. But Simmarket publishes similar content and is clearly not indifferent to garbage developers. Where is the respect for the buyer?

Edited by BMW969

32 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

Where is the respect for the buyer?

Are they forcing you to purchase?

Cheers!

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

simmarket is a place where you can find absolutely everything ... from best to worst, it's up to you to sort it out and especially to pay attention to the versions offered, it remains that it offers a service through their site which is very intelligent and efficient, alone orbx surpasses them !. to tell the truth a lot of my purchases are made there.
As for Taburet, it has long been identified on various sites as a "money maker" not often serious in its offers.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Luke said:

Are they forcing you to purchase?

Cheers!

Of course not!) The supermarket can't make me buy rotten eggs. But the smell repels))

Just now, BMW969 said:

Of course not!) The supermarket can't make me buy rotten eggs. But the smell repels))

If I recall correctly, rotten eggs only smell when you open them 🙂

To me, respect for the buyer is allowing them to purchase, rather than making arbitrary decisions to withhold that choice.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

3 minutes ago, Luke said:

If I recall correctly, rotten eggs only smell when you open them 🙂

To me, respect for the buyer is allowing them to purchase, rather than making arbitrary decisions to withhold that choice.

I guess it's yes😄

1 hour ago, BMW969 said:

This is clear. But Simmarket publishes similar content and is clearly not indifferent to garbage developers. Where is the respect for the buyer?

If this were the standard, there would be no Fiat or Opel dealers, only Mercedes and Cadillac.  There would be no McDonalds or Wendy's...only Five Guys and Fuddruckers.  There would be no Cessnas or Pipers, only Gulfstreams and Falcons.  No one-bedroom efficiency apartments, only McMansions.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.  The free market will sort it out...if something is truly of no value to anyone, that becomes apparent in the sales numbers, and vice versa.  But the fact that you don't value something doesn't mean others won't.

• Like 5

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Ok. Let's wait for the one who will buy and tell us what is the value there. Any arguments and screenshots are accepted . By the way, Opel and Fiat sell a lot of cars.

Edited by BMW969
  • Like 1

These treads are really out of hand. You don't like you don't buy that simple. BTW I own a Nissan and not a Infinity.

5 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Infinity.

You mean glorified Nissan?😝

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

3 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

You mean glorified Nissan?😝

Yep just like I used to own a Honda instead of a Acura.??

Edited by jbdbow1970

Whilst I would not buy that scenery myself, this does not mean someone else might not want it if it is somehwere they know or perhaps fly from for real. Of course they could knock it up themselves in perhaps an hour or so, but if they have no inclination to do that, buying it is another option.

Same as how you can wash your car yourself for the cost of an hour and the soap water and wax, or you can pay more for someone else to do it. Up to you.

Personally, I've been reluctant to spend any money at all on scenery for MSFS just yet. I don't want to encourage the people who think you can just knock out any old rubbish and slap 25 quid price tag on it to the point where this becomes the acceptable standard pricing policy. Especially when many people already had the models built and textures created for P3D and FSX and simply repurposed them for the new sim.

I don't expect people to work for nothing of course, but neither do I let them to take the p***. However, if people want to put their - in my opinion, overpriced - stuff on simmarket, I've no desire to prevent them from doing so for anyone who is happy to pay such prices.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I think they should just ask me and let me decide what's best for the rest of ya.😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Vic green