Sign in to follow this  
BMW969

Professionalism and Simmarket

Hi,

Just to be clear, Simmarket is a distributor not a developer so complaining about Simmarket based on a scenery that may appear to be low quality for some is a bit of an injustice to Simmarket.

If the complaint is about poor quality scenery, that should be levelled at the developer themselves to be fair.

From what I can see over the past few years is that Simmarket has tried (and I think succeeded)  to cater for the widest simmer market as possible offering one of the broadest choices of sim -based products in different price categories to suit all budgets and tastes.

For me that is a legitimate business strategy although some of their pricing for me personally is a little out of whack at times.

Having said that during the early phases of the COVID outbreak they were generous enough to put out a lot of stuff for free, some of it pretty high quality e.g. I have enjoyed flying the Milviz F4U Corsair in P3D.

I agree with Bob that the free market will decide who ultimately wins or potentially loses.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

SimMarket is the eBay of flight sim, you make a choice to buy or not to buy. 

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

A keen flightsimmer who lives near the Pemberton airfield might pay EUR10 for that. 

I'm originally South African and I ploughed cash into every NMG scenery there was.  NMG is about 15 years behind the quality curve of modern scenery designers, but there was no other choice for South African scenery after Aeroworx packed it in.

Sorry guys but Ranger Creek by Raimondo Taburet is a gem, like most of the rest of Taburet's work including the countless freewares he produced since many FS versions.

• Upvote 1

Work has to be paid work.

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

SimMarket is a fine member of this community. They have my support and thanks.

• Like 2

On 9/7/2020 at 10:40 PM, w6kd said:

If this were the standard, there would be no Fiat or Opel dealers, only Mercedes and Cadillac.  There would be no McDonalds or Wendy's...only Five Guys and Fuddruckers.  There would be no Cessnas or Pipers, only Gulfstreams and Falcons.  No one-bedroom efficiency apartments, only McMansions.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.  The free market will sort it out...if something is truly of no value to anyone, that becomes apparent in the sales numbers, and vice versa.  But the fact that you don't value something doesn't mean others won't.

How can you compare McDonald's with the above mentionned Ranger Creek MSFS !  haven't you ever tasted the McNuggets ? 😂

too much, too soon....

I have used Simmarket since the days of FS2004, also Aerosoft and many others. To be honest I tend to use Simmarket because there is a wide variety of products, which automaticaly get updated as and when developers issue new versions. Buying anything is very easy and accomplished in seconds with immediate access to your product. Website is intuitive and searching for previously bought items that I haven't used for a while, idead easy. Some items can be a bit more expensive. I have no direct connection with simmarket or receive any monetary reward or discounts of any sort. Aerosoft and others also worked well for me. No complaints.

Edited by ideoplastic

On 9/16/2020 at 1:11 PM, ideoplastic said:

I have used Simmarket since the days of FS2004, also Aerosoft and many others. To be honest I tend to use Simmarket because there is a wide variety of products, which automaticaly get updated as and when developers issue new versions. Buying anything is very easy and accomplished in seconds with immediate access to your product. Website is intuitive and searching for previously bought items that I haven't used for a while, idead easy. Some items can be a bit more expensive. I have no direct connection with simmarket or receive any monetary reward or discounts of any sort. Aerosoft and others also worked well for me. No complaints.

I also tend to purchase from Simmarket if I can. I was curious, so I looked it up - first purchase of 342 items was in 2003. I know it sounds silly, but I do like having all of my purchase information in one place. I do have a back up system, but they make it really easy to find files and license info.

The only think I hate is that they don't enforce some sort of naming convention for files. I can never figure out what the newest update is or whether the installer includes the up date file or not. A release date and a version number should be required for uploading. Maybe a text explanation would be better? IDK.

Aside from that, I've never had an issue with them. Come to think of it, I also don't think I have asked them for anything.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I think simmarket is great, never had a problem with an order, their site is easy to use and gives me quick access to all my past orders.

In response to the OP - if they don't think a scenery is worth it, don't buy it!

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg