Sign in to follow this  

The Greens of the Peak District

Hi Guys

Just a few shots of me over the Peak District in the UK, was gloomy like it was IRL with cloud gaps, then eventually, the Sun shone through... Enjoy.

Desktop%20Screenshot%202020.09.07%20-%20

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Clouds are so amazing in game

• Like 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

***Brilliant***

• Like 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Yup, that's my stomping ground in real life and I have to say it impressed me with its looks. Very much like the real place.

I was amazed to find that my old gliding club field is in the sim too (Camphill), with it being selectable as a departure point. Normally you need something like downloadable add-on scenery in a dedicated gliding sim such as Condor to have that place show up. Take a look at it and you'll see why anyone who ever flew from there in real life is regarded as a mad b******. although it does make good pilots because of that. 🤣

If you decide to try landing at Camphill, be aware that it is notorious for windshear and vicious wind gradients owing to the drop off all around it, so the standard technique is a steep approach at 70 knots to give you plenty of penetration. The undulations on the field will slow you down, so don't be afraid to land long.

In real life it is not for powered aeroplanes, but in a sim we don't have to worry about that, besides, there have been several powered aeroplanes land there and keep schtum about it, so I know it is possible, although you didn't hear that from me!

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

stunning

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Very nice shots.
I think what i like most in the sim until now, is the very realistic shadows and sunshine on the ground.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.