Sign in to follow this  
JustanotherPilot

Graphics setting change each start up.

I posted this over at the MSFS 2020 Official Forums. It appears I'm not the only one having the same problem. If you're have the same symptoms, can you let the Zendesk know.

"I thought I had my graphics settings sweet spot set with a constant 40-50fps even in the airliners (sys i7-4790K@ 4ghz, GTX 1660 Super, 24gig ram 2560X 1440 res) However, I’ve noticed that the last 3 starts of MSFS 2020, my graphics settings are different each time. I have to again go and change and SAVE, but they don’t stay as saved.

Is there something like the old fsx.cfg file that can be backed up. More importantly, why are the settings changing all the time."

Steve S

I have the deluxe Premium version downloaded from Microsoft Games Store. I DO NOT have the latest Nvidia Driver Game Optimized for FS2020.

steve southey

10 hours ago, wim123 said:

maybe you use the onedrive??, and the files are not on your hd.

What Files? No sure what you mean, in any case, as mentioned, other users are experiencing the same problem.

steve southey

There is. Change your "user cfg.opt" to read only. It is located in the LocalCache folder.

Edited by sevenflyer

15 hours ago, JustanotherPilot said:

What Files? No sure what you mean, in any case, as mentioned, other users are experiencing the same problem.

and it could be the same isse, namely onedrive.

or another possibility, make sure you have write access to the folder where the .cfg is stored.

i am pretty sure this is something at the users end.