Sign in to follow this  
bahnzo

Is there a way to remove a loaded Arrival in the G1000?

For some reason tonight in the G36 I noticed my destination airport had an arrival loaded (I guess my flight plan loaded it for some reason). Which was never going to work as it sent me back 100+ miles. But, I couldn't load an approach without the arrival being loaded as well. And no matter what I tried, I could never get it out of the system. Anyone know why?

Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about, you can see the Arrival loaded here. 

https://imgur.com/xrWzIbj

Edited by bahnzo

Did you not specify an approach in the flight planner or perhaps left it on Automatic?

1 hour ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

Did you not specify an approach in the flight planner or perhaps left it on Automatic?

I said that I most likely did have an *Arrival* in the flight plan, but I'm wanting to know how I can remove this mid-flight?

Edited by bahnzo

I don’t think you can. It’s one of the limitations of the sim right now.

You might just not include one.

Try to highlight the waypoint(s) and hit CLR, see if that works.

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

8 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

I don’t think you can. It’s one of the limitations of the sim right now.

You might just not include one.

I think it is a limitation. Like I said tho, I just didn't realize one was put in for me. I create a flight plan using Little Navmap and for some reason MSFS decided to load the Arrival for me. I didn't expect this and so when in the plane I couldn't change it. 

3 minutes ago, Pivot said:

Try to highlight the waypoint(s) and hit CLR, see if that works.

I tried your suggestion last night when it happened and while it did allow me to remove the Arrival waypoints, (I can't remember here what exactly happened) it didn't quite work. It left all the waypoints I removed as "UNDEFINED" and seemed to be that since it wanted an Arrival no matter what. 

I think it's just another G1000 limitation I guess. Oh well, something to be aware of and to double check before going into the aircraft. 

It is indeed one of the bugs ...errr excuse me, limitations of a few of the Garmin units in the sim right now.

• Like 1

Chris

For anyone interested, I did find a workaround for this. 

What I did, was in the FPL menu, highlight the destination airport and CLR it. That seems to remove anything associated with it (ie: Arrival). Now simply add it back to the end of the flight plan, and you can now add an approach w/o the arrival inserting itself. 

• Like 3