Sign in to follow this  
Pilot Pip

Navigraph vs Little Navmap

So I'm trying out Navigraph at the moment and I quite like it. It has a clean gui and I really love the SID/STAR overlay plotting on your map.

I also had a look at Little Navmap that has his pro's too (It being free being a very big pro) but it's interface is less clean then Navigraph.

I'm wondering what other people's experiences are with these two and if there are other reasons for me to stick to Navigraph instead of using Little Navmap  

45 minutes ago, Pilot Pip said:

other reasons for me to stick to Navigraph instead of using Little Navmap  

I gather you are thinking of subscribing to navigraph (charts & airtac data).

Then you can update LNM's airac to use both (though LNM is a more comprehensive tool (can be used for OFP's, not just route finding) & is more informative as you prepare / dispatch for IFR in particular.

Bottom line, I / one needs both !

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

Give Chartfox a try, it has some of the same features as Navigraph and it's also FREE. So LNM and Chartfox could be a good combination. The only thing with Chartfox is that you need a Vatsim ID, but that's also free, so all in all a win/win situation 🙂

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

I checked out Chartfox (do have a Vatsim account) and I notice that apart from annoying ads it does seem to have more charts on a airport then Navigraph.  I thought Navigraph does at least have all charts (on a specific airport) 🤔

1 hour ago, Pilot Pip said:

I thought Navigraph does at least have all charts

indeed, ..... all their charts are "approved" releases by the likes of ICAO / FAA etc.

they do not include "exclusive / confidential" approved charts for specific airlines ie RNP's for example by ASA in Alaska.

for now, cheers

john martin

Well I checked as an example the little airport EHSE in The Netherlands.

Chartfox has an aerodrome map while Navigraph only has information on the runway, comm's etc. No map. Map of Chartfox is from LVNL. I think that's Airtraffic Control Netherlands. So it's extra info that is not in Navigraph

I tried both, almost. I didn't have to do anything to get Little Navmap to work, it just started.

I still have not figured out how to get navigraph to work.  But for my VFR flying, I'll stick with Little Navmap.

17 hours ago, Michael Evangelo said:

But for my VFR flying, I'll stick with Little Navmap.

load the map pack in LNM and you'll have sectionals

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

On 9/27/2020 at 7:02 AM, Michael Evangelo said:

Load the map pack?  What is that, and where do you get it?  Load it where, into what?

Download link and instructions here: 

Aivlasoft's Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) should also be mentioned. It is similar to LNM, but I personally much prefer it over the latter. However, it is payware, which is the reason that nowadays LNM is much more popular.

Peter

On 9/29/2020 at 3:17 AM, iddqd said:

Download link and instructions here: 

Bloody amazing, never heard of that before. Thanks!