Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cindy_Zoonan

I've figured it out, concerning the FSX defenders!!!

Guest FxF3

Ok I have to have that plane now.:-)

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hehe, do you know what plane it is?

Guest OneTinSoldier

Indeed, it is a beauty! It's Milton Shupe's Beech D18S. I made a shot of the VC for you to see below.Here's the filenames in the Avsim library. The d18s_int.zip mod is pretty cool but optional. I have it installed such that I can choose either the original or the modded interior version.d18svc4.zipd18s_int.zipd18samv2.zip (Amphibian Version)There are a number of repaints for the bird too if you search the library for them!Cheers,Jimhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/160283.jpg

...and what percentage AI at what airports!!Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest Binncott

Guys,Perhaps this is where frustration comes into these discussions and then deteriorates into slanging.Dutton posted how he is using various traffic add-ons. Now that is great news, however without knowing what the system is, what frame rates or which airports he is flying around, it's about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.For those of us who are "into" AI traffic in a big way, and are trying to establish whether or not a move to FSX is viable, we really need a bit more than "It's working okay for me with AI traffic"Now I am not bashing Dutton, nor trying to start another row, just asking that if you have got it working with AI Traffic, let us know how you did so, in order that we then make "informed" decisions.ThanksBC

>Now I am not bashing Dutton, nor trying to start another row,>just asking that if you have got it working with AI Traffic,>let us know how you did so, in order that we then make>"informed" decisions.I don't have FS9 installed anymore, so when I wanted to get my Ultimate Traffic working in FSX, I was stuck because I read that you need to move files from FS9 into FSX.Then World of AI released a new version of their installer that's compatible with FSX, and I just started importing WOAI packages into FSX. Not only did the existence of custom traffic remove the default traffic (with the ridiculously complex aircraft models), but I now had some great AI traffic and my framerate shot up.This is a good enough solution for me until I can reinstall FS9 and Ultimate Traffic to get my "full" AI going again. I just don't have the time right now.

Guest dutton

Ok, here goes....... I already stated what system I am running FSX on. I run AI traffic at 100%. Boats, airport vehicles, autogen, complexity all at 100% as well. Mesh 19 (have FSgenesis installed), water Hi 1, no bloom., animations high.No texture mods and than a few key lines added to the CFG and the default.xml file tweaked (which again I did in FS9) I have nothing else adjusted in my sim.On my video card, I am running shaders at 1.3 - but this really is not a FS mod ;)Now, all this being said, it really comes down to your system as we all know. I get an excellent display and truly, I can not say this enough... to me 14 FPS in FSX is like 25 in FS9. Huge difference. On top of all of this, no stutters.Now, I could lower my settings to keep them higher, but I have it where I like it. I went through all of the tweaks, textures but decided I would fly this sim and learn with it. Once I uninstalled all of those tweaks I really started to see where FSX shined and where I had to hold back a bit. Fortunately though, my system is really well built so I think this has a lot to do with it as well.Everyone is different. More importantly in our own little world, everyone's perspective is different.The one thing I think all the 'happy ones' are tired of is people bashing without even owning it. We have spent the time, tweaked FSX JUST LIKE WE ALL TWEAKED FS9. What is the difference, really? I did not need nor did I want to tweak as much as others. But, I am enjoying this sim to the fullest, really I am. (I actually fly around the world to each mission location, then fly on from there to the next). This thing really is amazing.I actually installed the Captainsim C-130 and had some really interesting results with FPS! Can not wait for the actual update.Sorry for the babbling, helping kids with homework at the same time.Just buy the thing and stop getting all bent out of shape without knowing what it can really offer you.BTW - my 17 year old son, real world glider pilot, loves it on his AMD 1700 with 512 MB's RAM and ATI 9700 PRO (128MB's). He spent all of last Saturday flying the gliders with a fellow pilot. It was nice to see them enjoy it so much. They threw some of the sliders down of course, but the glider flew well, the sim looked great and they were getting 22-25 FPS.duttonhttp://dutton.fsblogger.com/

Guest DirtyHarry3033

Dutton, gotta agree with you, I've been playing around with stuff and I've finally got it set up so I've got drop-dead gorgeous display everywhere I look, and flying out of KSEA I never drop below 14fps. And as you mentioned, 14fps is unbelievably smooth in FSX. Never would have believed I could be happy with 14fps.Only "mods" I've got on are the fiber_frames and the bufferpools. No texture mods or autogen tweaks. Got nothing 100% maxed but most stuff pretty close, and I'm a happy camper ;)Your son is a glider pilot IRL? He should check out Condor!!! I bought it last weekend and it is very impressive! Google "condor soaring" and you'll find it! I'm getting 35-50fps with everything 100% maxed out. Condor is designed from the ground up for online competition soaring.

Guest Ozzie

>and find an appropriate place like>http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/windowsv...sing-terms.aspx>)>>I do see that the retail licensing terms link shows a change>announced today for enthusiasts who customize,build, and>rebuild hardware. I cannot state that change in licensing>terms will satisfy you, but its worth digging into and giving>feedback.>>Aces cant really do anything to help here.>>sorry I cant do more,>>PhilI thank you kindly for the reply and accept the limitations of your position as regards VistaMight I suggest politely that perhaps you email the appropriate others to start having a good look around as there are even people on the link you gave that are advocating class actions and equally volatile responsesBut - thank you for your response

Guest Cindy_Zoonan

******* Christ, what a wierdo.