Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cindy_Zoonan

I've figured it out, concerning the FSX defenders!!!

Guest Water Mango

The reason we have this vain of appreciation for FSX no matter what condition the final product is in. So many were afraid we wouldn't see another version of Flight Simulator and as always it's possible this could be the last. There are people among us who are just happy we have a new sim never mind if it works or not. They dare not criticize Aces for fear this could be the last incarnation of Flight Simulator. It's best to be nice and stick it to the hardware manufactures with unrealistic expectations (as if all hardware manufactures main purpose is to have their products work with FS). Video Card manufactures need to develop special drivers exclusively for FSX of get bombarded with complaints. Aces has no responsibility here as the world revolves around them (not a view point of Aces per say but those among us with blind support)

Guest OneTinSoldier

Wow Chris, I hope that paranoia doesn't destroy ya!

I don't think anyone has said it's perfect.The fact is that everyone has different expectations. Some people have excellent hardware and average expectations and are happy with FSX. Others have average hardware and very high expectations and are not happy with FSX. Most of us probably fall somewhere in the middle. And beta testers (myself included) have been some of the most critical so not sure where you got that idea. If MS excludes beta testers who have critized the product from beta testing FS11, there won't be many of us returning. But I think MS can handle the constructive criticism that beta testers usually try to provide instead of the "FSX Sucks" type of comment that is so prevalent.Oh, and can you please tell me where to download the special NVIDIA drivers for FSX?Matt

And you arguing that if we upset ACES, it will be a factor in determining future releases. Are you serious? I'll bet sales and profit just flat trump, squash, and flatten the heck out of hurt feelings. This is really starting to get silly. I made two flights today, one in FS9 and a two hour trek in FSX. It was FUN in both! I wasn't a beta tester and I have several areas I hope to see improved, but I can still enjoy the simulator. I'm getting less enjoyment out of this forum. Is all of this really that important to you?:)Bob...

I'm not the kind of guy who loses his temper quickly on a forum, but I'm getting sick and tired of stupid posts like these. I've been coming to this forum a lot lately, to learn more about FS X and to help others with (usefull) posts. But it seems every hour or so someone has to take the spot, his minute of fame, bashing FS X, Aces, MS or whatever. If you don't like the game, than get the **** out of here PLEASE! If you really need to get it of your chest, mail MS or Aces but don't bother me with your nonsense.I REALLY wished Avsim would do something about this because it's getting out of hand. If you want this forum to survive, please take a stand, Avsim! Let's cut the crap and talk about FS X itself in a way that gets us somewhere. Some time ago Avsim took a firm stand concerning hardware topics on this forum: well, I believe these kind of topics need an even firmer approach.

Guest pomak249

Right on J Van!!I am absolutely sick and tired of this endless drivel about FSX, sure its got problems so has FS2004 but I for one think its head and shoulders above its predecessor in looks, flight model, panel and UI !!Sure i've tweaked but i'm getting acceptable frame rates and a smoother flight model than FS2004 and the world looks heaps better!!And I second you on the AVSIM proposal !MickUK

Guest dutton

Thanks, Chris. There goes another minute of my life I will never get back. Seriously, have you nothing better to do? duttonhttp://dutton.fsblogger.com/I kicked the FS9 habit... so can you.

Guest Ozzie

Hmmmm - not a bad rant - whilst I tend to agree with you that all the Kiddies are getting upset over something they know nothing about - there does seem to have been some action takenIn case you have NOT noticed - tdragger has "left" the ACES team - NOW - as an ex employee of a certain company there is NO WAY would I suggest that this is in any way tied to his candid comments on a Blog that has mysteriously become a SECURE SITE with NO FURTHER COMMENTS ACCEPTED - absolutely TOTAL COINCIDENCEFrom experience of the papers that I personally had to sign - there is absolutely NO WAY that we will EVER be able to identify tdragger ever again (unless of course he wishes to lose his House, Manhood, Career {thats stuffed anyway}) because he will be dragged by the tail through every court system in the land for the next ??? years because he was unfortunately HONEST - THE COMPANY cannot afford to have Honest people working for it - they upset the Lawyers

Errr,I think Tdraggers name is Mike, and he was assigned to another project some time ago. It was decent of him to stick around for as long as he did.I don't think anything sinister is afoot.......

Guest allcott

I for one am grateful for the accumulated strength of feeling being shown here - and for Avsim allowing it ALL to stay, right where the ACES boys will see it.What the accumulated posts tell THEM - and that's the point of posting, isn't it - to tell THEM. Why should anyone care what I think? Why should anyone care what I think of their opinion? But together, as a focus group, we have sent a message to MS clear and unequivocal. FSX IS NOT GOOD ENOUGHIf anyone doesn't think that is the case they have the right to say it. But the quality of the commentary in most cases has been excellent I say. Compared to some of the audiophile forums I inhabit where a rabid dog would run off with its tail between its legs with some of those posts!For the most part this has ALL been positive. If all that Avsim were to allow were a really excited user comments what woul dbe the point of this forum? Here, in a forum uncontrolled by MS and with no profit motive for our hosts (did they ever sell a copy of FSX? I don't think so) we have told MS and ACES the truth as we see it. It's up to them whether they want to accept the criticism, and up to their lords and masters and the accountants whether they will fix any of it, but at least the marketing boys will know why the product fails to impact on the sales charts in the way its predecessors have done - it is simply too far, too soon, too slow, too complex for the hardware of today or even tomorrow. Fine if you think that is a message we should not dare to put to the team. But there are plenty of positive aspects for the team to be applauded for too. Its just you can't really do them justice at 7fps, or without spending 700 bucks.Allcott

What's the point though, that's what I'm trying to figure out. If you don't like the sim or feel it needs to be fixed send it to tellfs, why continuously post it here? One could even spam their blogs if one wanted. Still don't get all the bashing. All it serves on this forum is people arguing back and forth and call each other names. The place has fallen into a dark age. Ian.,

>In case you have NOT noticed - tdragger has "left" the ACES>team - NOW - as an ex employee of a certain company there is>NO WAY would I suggest that this is in any way tied to his>candid comments on a Blog that has mysteriously become a>SECURE SITE with NO FURTHER COMMENTS ACCEPTED - absolutely>TOTAL COINCIDENCETalk about paranoia - his name is Mike Gilbert and he is easily reachable. As far as no further comments - if I were leaving a visible post for another, the last thing I would want is a hndred me too comments " Best of Luck, Mke! - Thanx MIke for all you ahve done....etc" I'd wager a bet HE is the one who blocked it.BTW, I read in a nother blog that the sales of FSX are exceeding expectations.Whatever floats your boat - VicVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Ian, The point is to get Aces and MS to do something about it. Believe me, they do pay attention to this community. The best way to do it is to do it professionally. Without name calling or malice. Thats how you get things done. I have seen very little outward malicious criticism of the team or waht they attempted. I have seen a lot of dissapointed users and folks who are attempting fixes. Thats all good and MS/Aces is doing things in the background...I hope.hornit

>But the quality of the commentary in most cases has>been excellent I say.>For the most part this has ALL been positive. If all that>Avsim were to allow were a really excited user comments what woul dbe the>point of this forum? I never meant to say that only a really excited user comments should be allowed. Far from it. I also posted some comments on this forum that weren't exactly positive. Maybe I was a bit too agited and not clear enough when I typed my post. ;) When the QUALITY of the commentary is excellent (even 'okay' would be good enough) I'd have no problems at all. But I'm getting tired of posts like the OP of this topic, which is just utter nonsense. This OP has no quality because it says nothing about FS X itself. That's the problem. Simply bashing Aces, MS or FS X is useless and, at this moment, getting very irritating. And I believe posts like this, which are completely useless, can and should be deleted without any problem.Qualty is the keyword here, I think: we all want quality! ;)

Grasping at straws again because people actually enjoy the new version and its significant advantages over FS2004.Really sad to see denial so strong...