Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Drone speed?

I cant see a speed setting for the drone camera in the options. Instead, I have to adjust the speed every time i use it in the camera options in the quick menu. It's set to absolute minimum by default. Anyone know how to fix this?

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

1 hour ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I cant see a speed setting for the drone camera in the options. Instead, I have to adjust the speed every time i use it in the camera options in the quick menu. It's set to absolute minimum by default. Anyone know how to fix this?

No workaround. I think they will patch it in at some point. 

• Like 2

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Perhaps in the next update - they are talking about improving the in-sim experience - hope that extends to these types of settings.

• Like 1

Really? I've set drone translation and rotation speed increase and decrease to some buttons on my X55 throttle. Works fine.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

There's a speed slider in the window that pops up when you mouse over the top "menu" and go to the camera.  I know at one point I increased the speed and it seemed to do nothing, but now they seem to work for me now.  

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

1 minute ago, kerosene31 said:

There's a speed slider in the window that pops up when you mouse over the top "menu" and go to the camera.  I know at one point I increased the speed and it seemed to do nothing, but now they seem to work for me now.  

It does work, the problem is that the settings in the camera widget won't stick. Only if you set the camera in the options, where the drone speed setting is missing.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

If you increase th drone speed with the slide it works but only until you quite the game. next time you fire the game back up it is back to least sensitive setting.

CJ

There's a button assignment to a control named something like "Increase drone translation speed"

Holding it down increases the speed

The button is not relevant to the problem of the OP. The issue is that the changed setting in the drone options does not stay where you have set it  next time you run MSFS. It is easy to alter the sensitivity in the camera pop up menu but they just don't stick

CJ