Sign in to follow this  
himartmcfly

Loading a new Flight Plan in Game

Hello together,

I would like to know if someone of you has already been able to plan a new flight after arriving at the gate ?  I dont want to exit from the existing flight e.g position etc. but just continuing with a new destination

Thanks & Best Regards

Martmcfly

You could just punch in the new flight plan into the G3X G1X or G5X, select a runway and sid and take off again. 

• Upvote 1

You could try using FSUIPC7's load flightplan function. I used it at least with no plan previously loaded in the a320 and it loaded the plan just fine, and it even populated the FMC correctly. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

You could just punch in the new flight plan into the G3X G1X or G5X, select a runway and sid and take off again. 

This ^
Of course it's frustrating as heck and you don't save any time doing so because it takes so much knob fiddling you might just rage quit.  But the upside is that doing so begins to unlock all the stuff you can do with these navigation units.  But be sure to do it on the ground.  Being rocked by turbulance at 5000AGL is the last place you want to try to zoom into your G1000 and try to input a new Direct to Flight path.  Unfamiliarity with the G1000 led to at least one loss of my virtual lives shortly after taking off from KORS to the north.

5 hours ago, mattn said:

You could try using FSUIPC7's load flightplan function. I used it at least with no plan previously loaded in the a320 and it loaded the plan just fine, and it even populated the FMC correctly. 

Ooh, I didn't know this was an option. Interesting!

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

Does anyone know if there is a way of doing this yet? It's quite immersion breaking on a multi-leg flight to have to quit and restart ... 

Thanks.

5 hours ago, chrisbmxr said:

Does anyone know if there is a way of doing this yet? It's quite immersion breaking on a multi-leg flight to have to quit and restart ... 

Thanks.

what i do is, note the spot i ended, quit flight to main menu, and start again  a new plan form that position.

i dont see that as breaking immersion, the pilots would have gone for a drink, pee., or eat something anyway.

5 hours ago, chrisbmxr said:

Thanks.

What's to keep you from simply starting the new flight from the arrival gate?  Losing ATC I guess we be the main issue, but I've never tried it myself.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X