Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Tuscany.......

Can be found along with a lot more, at https://flightsim.to/

jBnO2Q.jpg

rFhEHk.jpg

BMU3ij.jpg

• Like 6

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

There are so many free scenery addons coming out. It'll be really nice, and probably necessary, to have a centralized distribution/update system. I don't want and can't keep downloading, installing, managing and updating hundreds or even thousands addons, even they're free.

Ideally MS/Asobo is at the best position to screen through these addons and incorporate them directly into future updates. Since many of these are made by importing Google data I guess that chance is zero. Pity. 

Or someone could set up some kind of service and I could consider paying a reasonable fee to keep my MSFS world updated by numerous addons flooding in. 

Edited by FlyIce
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Other than some of these Google sceneries having frame-rate killing LOD, another problem is the terrible 'hexagonal' trees. Is that something the scenery maker can sort or is it just the price you pay for having this type of scenery?

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

1 hour ago, FlyIce said:

I don't want and can't keep downloading, installing, managing and updating hundreds or even thousands addons, even they're free.

It's not a full solution, but flightsim.to, which seems to be a what a large part of the hobby are coalescing to, allows you to follow a mod so you can at least get notification when it's updated, which removes a lot of the pain that third-party sources (even the Avsim library, I believe!) have.

24 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

another problem is the terrible 'hexagonal' trees.

Those trees are awful. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Those trees are awful. 

Those trees are the current level of both Bing and Google Earth stream-able photogrammetry.

The Asobo/blackshark implementation of 3D trees that gets such mixed reviews from us is pretty much miraculous considering what we could have been presented with.......

• Like 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Those trees are awful. 

What's worse is they are so prevalent and in oft used areas / POI's

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

2 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

Other than some of these Google sceneries having frame-rate killing LOD, another problem is the terrible 'hexagonal' trees. Is that something the scenery maker can sort or is it just the price you pay for having this type of scenery?

Yes, this ^^^

Chris Camp

i WON

2 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

Other than some of these Google sceneries having frame-rate killing LOD

I suspect that might only be part of the issue. When I tried the freeware Monaco, I also did a video of myself flying over it with no issues at all, only to find later than many found it unusable.....

Going back and looking at my video, the only warning sign I saw at all was a very high memory usage (20GB or more)

Devons rig

The awful styrofoam trees could have been snipped out of the mesh fairly easily and proper ones planted in place of them

The entire texture needs to have the blue shifted more towards green to match the surrounding default ground scenery.

• Upvote 3

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Why don't people correct the colors? Those blueish buildings kill immersion. It is not that difficult to alter the dds files. I actually did it for a Frankfurt Skyline Scenery I downloaded yesterday,  which was awfully blue.

btw: the city of Offenbach near Frankfurt is Ortho. I didn't know that before.  The eastern parts of Frankfurt are ortho too.

Yes, they look really awful (blueish buildings). I suspect someone will come up with a Blender mask or similar that transforms the Google buildings into the sim colours.

EDIT

Just looked on the FS2020Creation Reddit and there is a tutorial there of how to remove the blue tinge!!

Edited by CJ1045