Sign in to follow this  
Guest OneTinSoldier

Fiber Frame Time Fraction

Guest B1900 Mech

Hi all, Why will this entry not stay put in my FSX cfg??!!! It was the 1st mod I made to a clean install and when I shut down the sim and reopen the cfg, its gone! is it meant to disappear? This is killin me!! Thanks for any help:-)

Guest B1900 Mech

I just attempted again and I get a aircraft initialization error and no aircraft in my aircraft menu:-mad

Jim,Double check you got the right path: C:Documents and SettingsusernameApplication DataMicrosoftFSXNote the username and not 'all users'Just a shot in the dark.:-)

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Hi,Make sure you use the correct order.1. Quit FSX.2. Open, edit, and save the cfg file.3. Restart FSX.Hope this helps,

Guest B1900 Mech

Thanks guys, been there done that:-) I am stumped:( Even when I remove the entry,my cfg is hosed and I have to delete and create another.

Guest FxF3

This is how mine looks check yours again to see if its in the right place and none of your paths have been messed up. Mines set to .25 yours may have another number that should not matter as long as its something close to .33 .05 Main FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.25User Objects=Airplane, HelicopterSimObjectPaths.0=SimObjectsAirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjectsRotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjectsGroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjectsBoatsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjectsAnimalsSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjectsMiscMaximized=1Location=60,30,1092,796,.DISPLAY1HideMenuNormal=0HideMenuFullscreen=1

Guest robav13

What are you using to edit your FSX.cfg? I'm far from an expert but I think it is picky about format it would be saved in (escapes me for the moment what it's called), but if you're using a word processor or something other than Windows Notepad, try it. That's the only thing I can think of that would screw up the .cfg totally. Maybe try opening it, making NO changes and saving it to see if it's the saving process or what you're changing that's causing the problem.Robert

Guest B1900 Mech

Hi Robert,How is it that I can make and save all the other entry's?

Guest Challenger604

Dude! It's not that hard. You just add the line and save the file? I think it's disapearing because you are not saving your changes.

Guest vilefileman

Something I can actually help with!Dollars to donuts says that you dont have file extension on when you save it , so it is being saved as fsx.cfg.txt instead of fsx.cfg.When you go to save it, make sure under the file name you "all file" chosen, and not txt files chosen.V

Guest B1900 Mech

*******, how many times do i have to say this"How is it that I can make and save all the other entry's?"I have been making confg changes since flightsim 2000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest OneTinSoldier

My only guess would be that you have somehow made the file 'read-only'. But if you can make and save other changes, well then, there goes that idea.