Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Custom Cameras

I'm having a hard time setting up custom VC cams.

When I click to change the key command, I get an error every time.

Whats the trick to set up custom cameras?

BTW, the default key commands don't work. Pressing alt + number doesn't do a darn thing.

Thanks.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

default key commands are Ctl 1 Ctl 2,.... etc. (not alt 1, alt2... etc).

setting up custom :use CTL+Alt + 1, ctl alt 2, etc.

viewing custom : use Alt 1, ALT2, etc.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

4 hours ago, Fielder said:

default key commands are Ctl 1 Ctl 2,.... etc. (not alt 1, alt2... etc).

setting up custom :use CTL+Alt + 1, ctl alt 2, etc.

viewing custom : use Alt 1, ALT2, etc.

Thanks.

That's what I've been doing, but it doesn't work on my system. I watched the SQ YT video on "cameras" and followed it closely. I'm having a hard time changing key commands. I want to use commands that I'm familiar with, such as XP11 camera commands. On another YT video the simmer actually changes the key commands and it seems to work for him.

I was just wondering if my mouse has a key command that is affecting the info entry?

Jose, you can easily find out which mouse/keyboard/joysticks buttons or switches are already set by using the Search by Input search window.
KFlDcy.png

Edited by David Roch
  • Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Just now, David Roch said:

Jose, you can easily find out which mouse/keyboard/joysticks buttons or switches are already set by using the Search by Input search window.

Thanks buddy! I know that already. I'm just surprised that I can not get these custom cams to work.

Please post a screen of your Keyboard/cockpit camera settings 😉

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

1 hour ago, David Roch said:

Give me a few min. I'm currently downloading TE-FL for P3D v4.5

Edited by DJJose

9 hours ago, David Roch said:

SaZq80C.jpg

Sorry for bumping this thread, but am I the only one who can not set up custom keys for easy access to cams?

I can't even access the default cams when I alt + #. I can access the default cams with the menu and I am able to cycle them with the A key.

I'm back Jose, we'll sort out your problem!
1/ Check if Ctrl + Alt + # keys are not already assigned to another function.
(make sure you are choosing the ALL filter)

2/ Do the same for the Alt + # keys and report.

Best regards,
David Roch

Also make sure to clear all other commands off the joystick button you want to use.

I find it best to make a new profile for every aircraft. Delete everything from "Assigned" you dont want...most and start with a clean profile. Also copying and using it for a new aircraft will not work, you need new custom views for every aircraft.  Also to reset the keys/buttons.

So you cannot switch aircraft and find your custom views work, you have to set up a new profile.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

9 hours ago, David Roch said:

I'm back Jose, we'll sort out your problem!
1/ Check if Ctrl + Alt + # keys are not already assigned to another function.
(make sure you are choosing the ALL filter)

2/ Do the same for the Alt + # keys and report.

They are assigned as per the pic. I can't believe I'm the only one who can't create custom views.

9 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Also make sure to clear all other commands off the joystick button you want to use.

I find it best to make a new profile for every aircraft. Delete everything from "Assigned" you dont want...most and start with a clean profile. Also copying and using it for a new aircraft will not work, you need new custom views for every aircraft.  Also to reset the keys/buttons.

So you cannot switch aircraft and find your custom views work, you have to set up a new profile.

I have a feeling that it's my mouse key bindings. Should I unbind the mouse keys? Every time I try to create a new key command it results in an exclamation error. I have a feeling it thinks I want to assign the right mouse button which has already been assigned to something else.

If you take a look at the pic I posted there 4 controllers. Mouse, Keyboard, Yoke which is the 4 button joystick with view finder, and Pedals or 4 button joystick. I want to use keyboard to create custom views. Using the default keyboard command as shown on the pic, doesn't create the custom views.

I'm also no able to change them because I get the exclamation error.

10 hours ago, DJJose said:

They are assigned as per the pic.

Nope, that was not my question.
I believe same combination of keys might already been assigned to something else, that's why you can't create custom views.

How to check: (in my case, Alt + à)

7kPshW.jpg

Ujv6co.jpg

Best regards,
David Roch

22 hours ago, DJJose said:

I can't even access the default cams when I alt + #. I can access the default cams with the menu and I am able to cycle them with the A key.

#: Are you using the num pad or the "normal" keys (above QWERTY)?

Best regards,
David Roch