Sign in to follow this  
kaosfere

Update: G1000 improved v2

Good luck, would be nice to have.

Intel Core i7-11700F, mainboard MSI MPG B560I GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7D19), 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM, RTX3070, no OC for CPU, RAM or GPU, XMP off. MS Store version, default installation path on a 1 TB NVMe 4x 8 GT/s

22 minutes ago, L3m0n said:

Maybe. I need to fix the kerning of the font first.

Whoa, nice.   Are you crafting your own typeface here?    If so, we need to talk.  😄

On 9/10/2020 at 1:32 PM, kaosfere said:

trying to get track-up working

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....the only way the display should be orientated for pilots.   For pax, North Up is ok...dont want to confuse them 🙂

IMO, the only time North Up is ok for pilots is when you're flying North. 🤣

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

First of all, thanks for the work! Really appreciated.

Now, MS/Aboso said they are working on G1000 and they will be improving/fixing things. Won't be better to wait for Asobo updates and then work the missing features? Because later it will be a pain ... to merge both "branches"  I guess.

4 minutes ago, marty2756 said:

First of all, thanks for the work! Really appreciated.

Now, MS/Aboso said they are working on G1000 and they will be improving/fixing things. Won't be better to wait for Asobo updates and then work the missing features? Because later it will be a pain ... to merge both "branches"  I guess.

That is the reality of any "Community changes.."  The underlying code is in active development.. that will be true for a while, I would expect.  In the meantime.. the improvements thus far are really nice, and the knowledge will hopefully not be lost 🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bert

8 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

That is the reality of any "Community changes.."  The underlying code is in active development.. that will be true for a while, I would expect.  In the meantime.. the improvements thus far are really nice, and the knowledge will hopefully not be lost 🙂

Very much this.   Like I said to some of the other folks on the team, that's an occupational hazard for folks who mod stuff that's under active development.  🙂   If we need to adapt stuff we can adapt stuff.   If they fix things we already fixed, even better.   At least we had fun along the way and helped a few folks out in the interim. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....the only way the display should be orientated for pilots.

Getting there...  😄

KKcsl5T.png

• Like 6

I dont even have the game but wanted to give you a shoutout anyway as its so brilliant to see people like you wasting no time modding things to make it better for all of us. When I get my new PC I'll be getting MSFS and cant wait to check yours and other mods & tweaks! 

• Like 2

Amazing work as always! I appreciate your efforts! 🙂

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Thanks for this work on the G1000!

Installed the mod ( I think ) but can't seem to find the click spot to change the altimeter setting between IN and hPa.

Thx,

Al

6 hours ago, kaosfere said:

Whoa, nice.   Are you crafting your own typeface here?    If so, we need to talk.  😄

Yes but its a bit of a nightmare. There are different fonts for each size of text in the garmin simulator.

Seems like the MFD is broke in the C172 using the mod with new patch, or just me?

Thomas Derbyshire

2 hours ago, sidfadc said:

Seems like the MFD is broke in the C172 using the mod with new patch, or just me?

I'm seeing mixed reports, I'm just sitting down to check things out now.   Once I figure out what's what we'll be making any compatibility fixes required and releasing them as v0.2.1 then continuing to build 0.3.0 for the new version of the game.

I'll post dev updates here.  In the meantime, if you have issues, please let me know:

1. what the problems are
  2. what planes you're seeing them in
  3. what other mods you have installed

Thanks!

Edit:   I have identified the problem that caused the MFD to be blank and fixed that, so there's no need to report that.    If you have other issues with the new version, though, please do let me know.   I'm doing a check to see if there's anything else I need to update before a compat release.

Edited by kaosfere
  • Like 3