Sign in to follow this  
Guest babua

Why all the anger?

Guest ROD

I don't understand why so many people get angry with the posters on this forum. If someone likes the sim & says so, so be it. If someone doesn't like it & speaks up, so be it. Personally, I learn new things from both points of view - so why get angry with each other? The only true "petition", as far as Microsoft is concerned, is the number of units sold. That's what ultimately determines the direction the sim will take, if/when it will be patched & whether its' production will continue at all. Just getting angry does nothing to improve things. Having said that, you are free to get angry at this post.

I'm angry at you for even suggesting such a thing!!!! Just kidding there. Actually that is well said. Everyone should just fly what they want to fly, and discuss issues RATIONALLY, COOLY, and in a CIVILIZED manner like adults are supposed to do.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2.5 ghz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (94.47), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

(Inspirational Mode: On)It's called passion. All of us, irrespective of one's view of FSX, have a common thread (no pun intended) and that is an absolute LOVE for our hobby. My only wish is that if the Aces team takes anything away from this release of FSX is that we are a tight community and, as such, are all bound by a single, unshakable passion; THAT is what makes this hobby great. The powers that be at MS should listen to both sides of the community with equal vigor and FS11 will be an absolute work of art from day one. Our hobby is far, far bigger than any one release of MSFS or any petty squabbling which may occur, despite the pretty horrible debates that have transpired over the last few weeks. And the only thing bigger than the hobby itself is the passion that we all share for all things that take to the sky. Four years from now, FSX will be remebered as either a repeat of FS2000 (a release to be forgotton) or the release to eclipse even FS9 which is, arguably, the best release of the entire MSFS franchise. Either way, anger or happiness, this community shall remain.Now, I think that we should all strip down into our underpants, stand in the middle of the woods around a campfire, hold hands and sing Kum'by'ah until we are all getting 100 FPS with all sliders right! Yes....it is time for a 'Man Hug' @-@

Guest babua

>It's called passion. All of us, irrespective of one's view of FSX, >have a common thread (no pun intended) and that is an absolute LOVE >for our hobby.Could not have said it better. If we show indifference I think then its cause for worry. People fear if we criticize too much then MS will stop producing FS titles. After nearly a quater of a century I dont think MS will let it die just like that. Let me quote Bill Gates in his book Business@Speed of thought:"I like good news as much as the next person, but it also puts me in a skeptical frame of mind. I wonder what bad news I'm not hearing. When somebody sends me an e-mail about an account we've won, I always think, "There are a lot of accounts nobody has sent mail about. Does that mean we've lost all of those?" A good e-mail system ensures that bad news can travel fast, but your people have to be willing to send you the news. You have to be consistently receptive to bad news, and then you have to act on it. Sometimes I think my most important job as CEO is to listen for bad news. If you don't act on it, your people will eventually stop bringing bad news to your attention. And that's the beginning of the end."

Guest FxF3

No angry from Me FSX works very well on my computer. It installed perfect the first time for me on my legit copy of windows xp. No problems all the way around it did start me of at only 15fps locked but I soon fixed that. Was able to bump up the sliders some more. Then I removed the stock AI put my own AI from some of the freeware guys and was off and flying.There is some anger from some not sure why some are mad and don't even own a copy of FSX.:) Others do have issues but were here to help just wade though the post if you need help.

Guest SimFan71

Very good post - and I agree with the comments. There is a lot of anger regarding FSX. And I'm sorry for those having real issues with it, I realize the experience is different for us all depending on how well we can get it to run on our hardware, and of course, based on our expectations of a new version.I'll be honest - for me it's passion too - I just love MSFS, fact, and I really am enjoying FSX, it really gives a great sensation of flight, better than any previous version IMHO. That said - I will say my emotions started with dissapointment when I played the demo, and I decided, well I'll need better hardware to run this baby, so figured I would just stick with FS9 for a while. Well then my girlfriend brings me a shiny new copy of FSX deluxe as a gift, knowing how much I love my flight simming and anything to do with aviation, so I was compelled to try it out!Those emotions changed as I got things tweaked, and now it runs fine on my hardware (which is good, but not super high end), looks great, flies well and I'm loving it (sure frame rate is not like my FS9 which I could run totally maxed out, but FSX flies so smoothly I can deal with that, and the new features make it more than worth it). Sure I had to upgrade my RAM to make it run well (not a chance in the hot place it would run well with 512MB, so upgraded to 1.25GB - and all was well then).

Guest babua

Those "tweaks" everybody is talking about reduces a 8 gb software to about 2 gbs. Do you think thats a good deal? Is there anybody who is enjoying without tweaks? Is that a large number. In these days of 6 sigma is it too much to expect the world's largest software company to come up with a product where more than half of the data is unusable from day one? If Mercedes where to launch a top of the line model and a week before launch they wrote-we forgot actually, if you put one more spark plug then this car will drive the way it should-will you call that car a well engineered car?It is better to have customers who criticize and yet buy the product than indifferent customers who dont buy the product. Ask any one who owns a business they'll tell you that. Afterall we exist for our customers-good or bad.