Sign in to follow this  
Turk10mm

Axis and Ohs MSFS2020 Problems

Good evening, 

I have a midi controller in the mail currently that I've been preparing to setup.  I've been working through the different ways to apply it and your tool came up with functionality that appears to not be supported directly through existing keybinds.  I've downloaded the demo version of the application and connected it this evening with a console controller to start messing with it.  The controller works without any issues for drone camera functions.  Just to be sure I removed all key binds that included any of the test keys.  Long story short, I've selected 4 possible functions from the drop down, assigned them to 4 different buttons on the controller, created a template on the DA62, applied the template  to the DA62 and they don't do anything.  I've rtfm and I'm not sure what i could be doing wrong.  I've listed out my process below.  I backtracked to more common functions because my original intent is to use functions that aren't supported with key mappings in the simulator like the FMS buttons and knobs.  

This looks like exactly what i need, and i'm happy to buy a license if i can get this working.  thanks in advance for your assistance. 

axisohs.thumb.png.567a98ad685ae6d275afb5

Installed required software

Run Simulator

Run Axis and Oh's 

Connected to Simulator, select DA62

Assigned Button - Create Key Down Event - Heading_Bug_Inc, Key Up Event Blank, Virtual Key none, Assigned Key Wireless Controller Button 0 (connection to he controller is wired, fyi), assign combo none, all other options off. 

Assigned Button - Create Key Down Event - COM_Stby_Radio_Swap, Key Up Event Blank, Virtual Key none, Assigned Key Wireless Controller Button 3 (connection to he controller is wired, fyi), assign combo none, all other options off. 

Create Template Test 2

Applied Template Test 2 to this aircraft. 

Push buttons on controller and the green light lights up in Axis and Ohs

Go to sim, press buttons.  nada.  

Hi,

Does it work when you assign something different? For example a keyboard combo? I just did a quick test and assigned HEADING_BUG_INC to Shift&Ctrl&W - works as designed in the DA62. And don't forget about the "repeat" function. What MIDI device is that exactly? And what are you trying to assign, a button or a rotary encoder?

Btw. you don't need to concern yourself with the templates. When you create axis or buttons assignments, the app will automatically store them in a profile valid only for the aircraft that you are currently flying - and it will load them automatically when you change the aircraft. Templates are only useful when you want to assign the exact same controllers to other aircraft - but you could just assign an existing profile too, without resorting to a template.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Last night i actually tried that with the o and the p key on the keyboard to see if it had anything to do with my console controller and experienced the same issue.  In this instance, I wasn't working with the midi device yet, its still in the mail.  i was using a PS4 Controller connected via USB that is recognized in your app and in the sim.  I was trying to map the Triangle, Square, Circle and X buttons.  I actually originally had attempted it with FPL and Direct buttons which were my main concern to get working because there's no corresponding keybind in the settings.  These should be single press momentary switches that open the menu.  I'll give it another go this morning without the templates and with your example.  

I'm only testing with the controller to make sure its working before the midi device arrives.  The midi device that i have coming is the X-Touch Mini with 8 encoders, 16 buttons, and one slider switchable between two different profiles which effectively gives you 16 encoders, 32 buttons, and 2 sliders in a small form factor.  

I will report back shortly on using your exact scenario above.  

Ok, after starting over I've successfully bound the HEADING_BUG_INC and COM_RADIO_FRACT_INC_CARRY to the wireless controller.  However, when I attempt the same process for G1000_PFD_FLIGHTPLAN_BUTTON nothing happens.  I checked and unchecked repeat to see if that had anything to do with it, and it makes no difference.  I also tried G1000_PFD_ZOOMOUT_BUTTON and a few of the other g1000 commands.  I haven't been able to map any of the g1000 commands successfully.  

I've also had the app close, multiple times without warning, while actively looking through the list of possible commands.  Its just closes, as if I had clicked the X to close the app.  It doesn't appear to crash or change to not responding.  

Below screenshot shows the working com radio and heading bug, and not working fpl button.  

Thanks for your help. 

axisohs2.png.7c08d2435bd5e55e53f7508b909

2 hours ago, Turk10mm said:

G1000_PFD

Don't bother with those. Many events that are currently listed as present in the SDK documentation actually do nothing in MSFS. It is really hit-or-miss, until the SDK and SimConnect are complete (the MSFS SDK is currently at version 0.5 - once it reaches version 1.0 AxisAndOhs will be revisited and the list will be reduced to those events that actually exist). But you never know, every update of the sim can make them functional, so I decided to keep them around.

Its just closes, as if I had clicked the X to close the app. 

The demo version is shutting down after 20 minutes.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Please find the application crashes i pulled from my event viewer. Disregard, i just saw your note about it shutting down after 20 minutes. 

Fault bucket 1685087941418086332, type 4
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: LorbyAxisAndOhs_MSFS.exe
P2: 1.61.4.0
P3: 5f526a54
P4: KERNELBASE.dll

*edited out the rest of the post since its expected behavior*

Edited by Turk10mm
No longer applies.

Ahh, so that's probably why there's no keybinds for those functions either.  I guess they just didn't finish everything before release.  What a bummer.  

Thank you for your responses.  once i get the midi board in i'll give the demo another try.  If its just plug and play it still gives me a good reason to use your app instead of configuring a vjoy python script.  

Have a great day!

I guess they just didn't finish everything before release.  What a bummer.  

I'm not sure about that. It looks more like the new HTML based glass cockpits were not programmed with those events in mind. Even simple things, like changing the radio frequency from the outside, are sometimes not reflected on them. We will see how things progress.

About the app shutting down, that should only happen at the 20-minute mark. If it happens at any other point in time, something went wrong. But I would need a logfile or exception stack trace to analyze, those Windows events tell us nothing.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hello,
Does Axis nad Ohs work with Arduino boards? I wanted to assign rotary encoders but Axis over Ohs can't see my Arduino. I searched the resources on this topic but found nothing
Thanks ... Adam

There is an Arduino Bridge program available for download on the AxisAndOhs Weebly website. It handles Nano and Mega boards.

LORBY-SI

Hello, I am using the Arduino bridge for a Nano board. Can you give an example to program a simple entry with FSUIP and with KY40 SVP encoder? Thanks
Edited by Chees2590

1 hour ago, Chees2590 said:

Hello, I am using the Arduino bridge for a Nano board. Can you give an example to program a simple entry with FSUIP and with KY40 SVP encoder? Thanks

The Bridge program discussed here is only for AxisAndOhs.

If you are using FSUIPC, you need a different solution.

LORBY-SI

Hello, OK, for example, I am trying to put digital input on pin 2 command 1 (>K:TOGGLE_FLIGHT_DIRECTOR) with Send RPN, is this the right method?