Sign in to follow this  
felipeturbay

How to save and load a flight?? (bug?!)

Hello everyone,

by reading different post, i notice that there are many problems when saving a flight and then trying to load it since when it loads the conditions are not the same as you saved it i.e. different cockpit information, no flight plan ect. I was flying my IFR low altitude with GPS and I tried to save my flight by simply hitting ESC and save (.file) but when I load it there was is no track whatsoever to follow, only the direction and altitude was correct but no flight plan. Is there a solution to this? are you also experiencing the same?

I just want to be able to load my flight on the same conditions i saved it…

Thanks!

Hello Felipe,

Make sure to select the .pln file, not the .flt one.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

The one and only time I tried resuming a flight with the 747 it had lost the flightplan from the FMC.

The Garmin fitted GA aircraft remember your plan but may default back to an earlier waypoint. Trying to get back on course by changing the active leg is something of a dark art and hitting the "NAV" button to try and get the AP to track more often than not sends the airplane into an augering in dive...

2 hours ago, felipeturbay said:

but when I load it there was is no track whatsoever to follow, only the direction and altitude was correct but no flight plan

Appears to be bugged. Any time I've saved a flight and then loaded it the flight plan is gone. Seems like we'll just have to wait for a fix.

• Like 1

yes, apparently somethings work ok and sometimes it doesn't! and what is actually the difference between a file ".pln" and ".file"?? how does this affects when loading a previous saved flight? 

Save flight is buggy - pls see this my post on Zendesk - no possibility to have cold and dark condition in all places (especially on small airports) and if you load no possibility to change date, weather ect. (like it was in FSX, P3D).

If you want, you can vote for solving this: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/no-possibility-to-save-a-file-in-cold-and-dark-condition/249425 .

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Wasnt in a other sims a difference between saved flight and saved panel state. In FSX/P3D saving a flight means when loading you will be at the same airport ready to begin. Ir doesnt save anything in cockpit. Save panel state was only available in a few complex payware

Edited by kapitan

3 hours ago, YoYo said:

Save flight is buggy - pls see this my post on Zendesk - no possibility to have cold and dark condition in all places (especially on small airports) and if you load no possibility to change date, weather ect. (like it was in FSX, P3D).

If you want, you can vote for solving this: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/no-possibility-to-save-a-file-in-cold-and-dark-condition/249425 .

i just voted! make totally sense that they fixed this so that it works the same to everyone in any kind of situation!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kapitan said:

In FSX/P3D saving a flight means when loading you will be at the same airport ready to begin.

Sorry but it isnt entirely true. If you take Cold and Dark in FSX and P3D 90% of gauges, levers ect will be on OFF position when you load it. Not all, I agree (like for example fuel on/off) but you can save C&D status in near situation like you leave the plane and when "enable cockpit serialization" option is ticket it works better also.  In MSFS its impossible at all (only in bigger airports when you park exactly on few places, also no info wher with VFR map). Engine is running, avionic is on, fule level like in new plane, ect from beginning. After loading a file in MSFS you cant change also date, weather, hour ect so impossible to do long flight like in real. Pity and I can't understand this idea and why beta testers didnt noticed this important feature.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

40 minutes ago, MagicalPug said:

Voted also!

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

to me, the save flight option is useless until it reaches at least the functionality of FSX. I'm pretty disappointed about how many features don't work correctly.

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.