Sign in to follow this  
gunter9999

Problems after Update to Pilot2ATC v 2.6.1.3 with MSFS

I have updated P2A from 2.6.1.1 to the last Version 2.6.1.3 to use it with MSFS2020. Before the update i got a working Connection with three lines and Power and Connect all green. Now i get no lines at all. I did not change FSUIPC `V7 beta.

I tried to connect it in the order Dave wrote in his tutorial but nothing changed.

I tried the new updated P2A with X-Plane and there it worked well. This looks like that i have problems with FSUIPC. I downloaded it again and startet it after MSFS was running up. It says it is connected to the FS. Then i started P2A but again i got no connection to the FS.

Now i don't know what to do further to solve this problem and need some help from the experts.

best regards

Günter

5 hours ago, gunter9999 said:

I have updated P2A from 2.6.1.1 to the last Version 2.6.1.3 to use it with MSFS2020. Before the update i got a working Connection with three lines and Power and Connect all green. Now i get no lines at all. I did not change FSUIPC `V7 beta.

I tried to connect it in the order Dave wrote in his tutorial but nothing changed.

I tried the new updated P2A with X-Plane and there it worked well. This looks like that i have problems with FSUIPC. I downloaded it again and startet it after MSFS was running up. It says it is connected to the FS. Then i started P2A but again i got no connection to the FS.

Now i don't know what to do further to solve this problem and need some help from the experts.

best regards

Günter

Start MSFS then Run FSUIPC7 and let it connect with MSFS.

Disable ATC in MSFS so it wont interfere.

Run Pilot2ATC. You are better off being in the aircraft when you finally run Pilot2ATC.

Let us know if this sequence solves the issue?

Cheers

2 hours ago, gunter9999 said:

Hello,

how can i disable ATC in MSFS. I only found "Delegate ATC to KI". That is allready off.

best regards

In menu "assistance" "piloting" turn off custom ATC voices.

In menu "user experience" turn off delegate ATC to AI.

Go into your aircraft at the ramp/runway. Power up. (If no power there's a tick box in Pilot2ATC that forces ignore these items).

If no joy, there must be an error somewhere?

Good luck. Let us know if you succeed?

Cheers

@charlie130

I have set everything as you have specified above and then:

1. started FS2020 and positioned the aircraft on the runway
2. FSUIPC started and the window opened. The status was "connected".
3. start Pilot2atc and press "connect".

The result: unfortunately no connect and none of the 3 lines was displayed.

many greetings

best regards

Here are some other things that might be preventing you from fully connecting:

• Be sure you are connected to the internet
  • English-US Language installed and set as Primary Language
  • Working Microphone installed and set as Default Sound Input device in Windows
  • Valid Call Sign – Try using the default call sign of Mfg: Beech; Tail Number: N431VB.  Press the Save button.
  • Try running the program in Administrator mode by right clicking on the Pilot2ATC.exe file and selecting “Run as Administrator”

Regards,

Dave

Hello Dave,
i think that all your above mentioned requirements are met, because P2A connects to X-Plane with these settings and works very well.
Only with FS2020 it won't connect after updating from 2.6.1.1 to version 2.6.1.3.
I have found the following error message in P2A_2020_Trace_File8.log 

"Joystick Device number 0 successfully activated.
The SIM or FSUIPC/XPUIPC stopped functioning and P2A is Disconnected.
Error in frmP2AMain ConnectToSIM
FSUIPC.FSUIPCException: FSUIPC Error #9: FSUIPC_ERR_NOTOPEN. The connection to FSUIPC is not open.
   at FSUIPC.FSUIPCConnection.Process(Byte ClassInstance, IEnumerable`1 GroupNames)
   at P2A_2020.P2ASimulatorFSUIPC.Init()
   at P2A_2020.frmP2AMain.c6da96e2c3dc97ecb14521624b5c07984()"

FSUIPC and FS2020 did not crash and FSUIPC was connected to FS2020.

Maybe this information will help you.

Many greetings

That error indicates that something has caused FSUIPC to close.  What's strange is that other users are not having this issue.

You might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling FSUIPC to see if that fixes the issue.

I would also post this issue on the FSUIPC support forum so John can have a look at it for you.

Dave

@Dave

Hello, Dave,
Have you reported the problem to John? Where can I follow up the report or how do I get a response?

Greetings

Günter 

Make sure you are running everything with the same rights, i.e. all as admin or all not.

Cheers, Andy.

On 9/10/2020 at 5:17 PM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

I would also post this issue on the FSUIPC support forum so John can have a look at it for you.

He did report it there, but since the error message presented was one from P2A, not from FSUIPC, he was sent back here.  Like myself before him, he is not really able to support third party program failures.

The user did point on there that FSUIPC was still running normally. If FSUIPC had crashed we'd have asked for details of that crash and the log leading to it. So far, FSUIPC7 itself is proving very stable. What is certainly not stable is the interface with Simconnect which is giving many folks problems with controls disconnecting. However, i don't think these would mess up P2A, on the flying!

The error #9 "FSUIPC_ERR_NOTOPEN" just means that a call to process data couldn't execute because the link to FSUIPC hasn't been or is no longer opened. If FSUIPC crashed one would probably expect a timeout, though i suppose Windows might be clever enough to auto-clear the link itself. Not sure. does P2A retry opening the link at all? It probably should do on such an error. Retrying the process operation again would be pointless.

As a test, and to be fully sure that it should certainly connect okay, I would wait before starting P2A until the aircraft is definitely read to fly. However, programs can connect to FSUIPC7 and deal with the interface even without MSFS running. Whether P2A would get results back which would lead it to declare "connected" depends on what it checks I suppose. I think almost everything read would probably be zero (except those things local to FSUIPC, like the version).

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I did some more Test.

test series 1:
1. all programs are started in admin mode
1.1 FS2020 is started and the aircraft is placed on the runway with running engine.
1.2 FSUIPC is started and the window is opened with Alt-F. Status: Sim is available: Connected
1.3 P2A is started and Connect is pressed. Result: Power and Connect is green, 3 rows are available. P2A is completely connected. The program works.

Test series 2:
1 All programs are started in admin mode, except P2A.
FS2020 and FSUIPC the same procedure.
P2A is started and Connect is pressed. Result: no connection.

Test series 3:
1 All programs are started in admin mode, except FSUIPC.
Result: P2A is completely connected. The program works.

My conclusion:

On my System the error always occurs when P2A is not started in admin mode and FS2020 is the SIm. With X-Plane it works also if P2A is not started in admin-mode. This problem comes up in version 2.6.1.3 i beleave.

This Topic can be closed now. Thanks to all who have supported me in this.

Many greetings

Günter

Edited by gunter9999
further Infos available

2 hours ago, gunter9999 said:

I did some more Test.

test series 1:
1. all programs are started in admin mode
1.1 FS2020 is started and the aircraft is placed on the runway with running engine.
1.2 FSUIPC is started and the window is opened with Alt-F. Status: Sim is available: Connected
1.3 P2A is started and Connect is pressed. Result: Power and Connect is green, 3 rows are available. P2A is completely connected. The program works.

Test series 2:
1 All programs are started in admin mode, except P2A.
FS2020 and FSUIPC the same procedure.
P2A is started and Connect is pressed. Result: no connection.

Test series 3:
1 All programs are started in admin mode, except FSUIPC.
Result: P2A is completely connected. The program works.

My conclusion:

On my System the error always occurs when P2A is not started in admin mode and FS2020 is the SIm. With X-Plane it works also if P2A is not started in admin-mode. This problem comes up in version 2.6.1.3 i beleave.

This Topic can be closed now. Thanks to all who have supported me in this.

Many greetings

Günter

FYI.  I run MFS2020 + fsuipc7 + pilot2atc with no issues.   I also run X plane + xpuipc (recently had to change ini ip address to  use 127.0.0.1 to get rid of an error message) + p2a and no admin mode.

I have the majority of my flight simulator stuff on a separate SSD drive.

I think it is a strong possibility that you installed to windows program files directory which is protected. I did not allow MS to choose the installation location on my system.  I  updated it to go to my SSD on D and folder of my choosing.  Not the program files it recommended. I would uninstall MSFS and install again creating a folder in somewhere but not inside the c:\program files\

If you only have one drive I would suggest creating a new folder in the C:\ root suggested Flight Simulation Stuff and install these programs to this location.   

#JeB1952

I completely agree with you. My programs are located on an extra SSD drive D:/. And especially P2A is located directly in the root.

Many greetings

Günter