Sign in to follow this  
YoYo

Is it possible to check weather condition during flight?

Also really need reasonably accurate winds aloft for flight planning for both GA and Airliners

Edited by Jetman67

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

8 hours ago, flyinion said:

I don't think that's what they're asking for.  They're looking for a feature to find the weather at the destination airport so they can set up approach/arrival type stuff.  (I'm assuming based on the Activesky option they're showing)  Definitely would be nice to have especially for those doing long flights since the weather on landing could be entirely different than it was on takeoff 5, 6, 8, 10 hours before.

This is exactly what I am looking for. If I load a FP into the MCDU the ATC screen does not show the ATIS for the destination airport. By the time I get approach instructions, it is generally too late to enter in the correct approach as I have found that I am past the initial approach fix. I would love to know a way to get around this.  I generally use RW FP from flightaware an then just input it into simbrief or skyvector and even though the original flight may have just taken place hours before, the destination runway is different. ANy tips would be greatly appreciated.

18 minutes ago, sympilot said:

This is exactly what I am looking for. If I load a FP into the MCDU the ATC screen does not show the ATIS for the destination airport. By the time I get approach instructions, it is generally too late to enter in the correct approach as I have found that I am past the initial approach fix. I would love to know a way to get around this.  I generally use RW FP from flightaware an then just input it into simbrief or skyvector and even though the original flight may have just taken place hours before, the destination runway is different. ANy tips would be greatly appreciated.

Guessing we'll have to wait for a weather addon from activesky or REX or something.  Previous versions of MS's sim couldn't do it either.  Definitely annoying.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

8 hours ago, UAL4life said:

Lol the weather doesn’t even match Meteoblue...

Mine does. I've flown multiple trips across multiple days since the sim launched in a Cessna from Washington State, down through Oregon, Nevada and California. I'm now at the Mexican border.

Weather matched Meteoblue 100% every flight. 

Currently circumnavigating the world in a mix of Cessna and Piper aircraft. 

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Wishlist; Honeycomb Bravo, Honeycomb Charlie.

1:400 Airline Model Collector.

1 hour ago, sympilot said:

ANy tips would be greatly appreciated.

er ...... you could study the TAF before departure to better understand the most likely.

but in that, beware of frontal wind changes & that default atc never assigns downwind landings in winds > 6kts (?)

for now, cheers

john martin

The problem with Windy and even metoblue's own page is that the information doesn't 100% depict what is going on with the weather  in sim right now. It can show you trends etc, but chances are high that the exact weather in sim might be off from what is displayed on those pages. Qnh 1022 on those pages? Naw, it was actually 1020 in sim. Fog at the airfield? Nope, it has cleared up. 

It doesn't really matter ALL THAT MUCH that the real weather in sim differs a little bit as long as you can plan for it, but I dont know of a way to look things up to see the metar info in sim. 

• Upvote 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78