Sign in to follow this  
FlyingInACessna

Navigraph Beta for MSFS!

Just received an email from Navigraph with instructions to download the beta client after having signed up on their website. I think this program started last week, but not sure if this has been shared and I'm excited.

Here's some info that they gave in the email:

"..you can expect changes to the navigational data: 

• Missing airports have been added (e.g. EDDS and ZBAD) 
  • Missing procedures have been added (e.g. ILS 16 at LIRF) 
  • Missing navaids have been added 
  • Additional VFR waypoints have been added 

More specifically: 

• 7,760 VHF Navaids have been updated 
  • 3,327 NDB Navaids have been updated 
  • 70,944 Enroute Waypoints have been updated 
  • 1,303 Markers have been updated 
  • 13,166 Airports have been updated (including COM frequencies, runways, ILS, terminal waypoints, terminal NDBs, and terminal procedures) 

What Not to Expect 

This navdata update service from Navigraph only updates the navigational data. To some extent the simulator will attempt to redraw the visual scenery, but this update will not affect buildings, aprons, taxiways, landmarks, geography or anything visual that, for example, a scenery developer would work with. 
Known Current Limitations 

In addition, we currently exclude the following items (meaning we leave the default data untouched), but expect to add when possible: 

• airways and ATC boundaries 
  • airports with a longitude >= 161 degrees 
  • all MilTacans 
  • all Com frequencies < 118 MHz"

Exciting stuff! Looks like this might fix all of the RNAV-approach-missing sorts of bugs.

Edited by FlyingInACessna
  • Like 1

How am I able to install this? Within the navigraph MS 2020 forum it says "You do not have the required permissions to view or read topics within this forum."  Any advice?

Thanks

Kind regards,

Philipp

Intel Core i9-12900K | 16x 3.20 GHz, 30MB L3-Cache; Gigabyte Z690 AORUS AORUS Pro | Intel Z690; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12GB | Gigabyte Gaming OC; 2 TB Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0; Meta Quest 2, HP Reverb G2 Rev 2

2 hours ago, Biermuskel said:

How am I able to install this? Within the navigraph MS 2020 forum it says "You do not have the required permissions to view or read topics within this forum."  Any advice?

Thanks

Kind regards,

Philipp

Yep, same for me.  Have mailed support.

5 minutes ago, AndrewM said:

Yep, same for me.  Have mailed support.

Have you registered on the forum?

Also have you a paid up Navigraph on your computer?

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"

I have a Navigraph subscription, yes, but there is no obvious way to register on the forum.  It appears to just want my Navigraph credentials which do not work for the forum for some reason.

Just now, AndrewM said:

I have a Navigraph subscription, yes, but there is no obvious way to register on the forum.  It appears to just want my Navigraph credentials which do not work for the forum for some reason.

Did you receive an email Beta invite? Not sure or how it is open to the public yet? I signed up for the Beta.

6 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Not sure or how it is open to the public yet?

If you're signed in to the forum, there are download links in the Beta forum - regardless whether you're invited or not.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Just now, SierraDelta said:

If you're signed in to the forum, there are download links in the Beta forum - regardless whether you're invited or not.

But, unless your on the Beta list, can you sign in. That is the question? I don't know but I wouldn't think Navagragh would want a huge number of people in a Beta. Already a mess.

2 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

But, unless your on the Beta list, can you sign in. That is the question? I don't know but I wouldn't think Navagragh would want a huge number of people in a Beta. Already a mess.

Apparently, yes. I just installed the .exe, ran it, hit the SIGN IN button and it then installed the latest version in my Community folder.

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

I tried it and seems to work but increased the loading time with several minutes 😞

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

Just now, willy647 said:

I tried it and seems to work but increased the loading time with several minutes 😞

Yes, it's loading more Data. There are still a few issues to be resolved. I wouldn't expect perfection at this point. Navagragh been great about fixing blurps.