Sign in to follow this  
Pmacb

First impressions of MSFS after two weeks

I eagerly returned to the MSFS fold as soon as the product was available after spending some time with X plane but becoming tired with the never ending tweaking that was needed to that game to make it enjoyable than rather than actually been able to spend time flying aircraft! Clearly MSFS has raised the bar but to make it truly a game changer it would be great if the following could be addressed:

1. The twitchy rudder
  2. The random and excessive movement of aircraft when no wind is selected
  3. The lack of trees in some areas where clearly they should be present
  4. Some of the scenery oddities like raised rivers addressed eg Alaska
  5. Manuals for the default aircraft or at least basic guides

There are lots of other issues that have been identified by other folk various forums but these would be my priorities! I have seen comments made by others that imply that issues 1 and 2 perhaps reflect “realistic” conditions! I cannot believe these are not bugs, because I am unaware of aircraft randomly and erratically moving around as I have seen when flying a number of different aircraft  when the weather is set to calm etc If that was the case in real life there would be thousands of air crashes, so perhaps all that is needed is an option to switch off “realistic” flight models and turbulence, it shouldn’t be too difficult to achieve? Clearly a system patch will be needed but perhaps not until the new year?!

Edited by w6kd
edited by mod--font color
  • Like 1

I don't know how you managed the nearly invisible font color, but your post is darn near impossible to read... 🔠

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

6 minutes ago, n4gix said:

I don't know how you managed the nearly invisible font color, but your post is darn near impossible to read... 🔠

Totally agree... I ended up simply highlighting/selecting the post to make it legible lol.

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

33 minutes ago, n4gix said:

This post is buggy. Maybe he will release a hotfix for it.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

1 hour ago, RustyFlyer said:

Totally agree... I ended up simply highlighting/selecting the post to make it legible lol.

It's like code, where you put lemon juice on the paper and it appears.

I think I'll take three-quarters-of-the-way functioning Real Weather for $1,000 Alex, over twitchy rudders and missing power lines.  That's just me though.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I am not going to get the new MSFS 2020 until some time passes for the developers to get feedback from people like you guys and fix all the bugs that they can fix.  I am going to spend this time (and money) on upgrading my PC :) 

1 hour ago, Saucey12 said:

I am not going to get the new MSFS 2020 until some time passes for the developers to get feedback from people like you guys and fix all the bugs that they can fix.  I am going to spend this time (and money) on upgrading my PC 🙂

What are you going to upgrade for the cost of MSFS?

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

22 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

What are you going to upgrade for the cost of MSFS?

He is going to upgrade his PC.

On the other hand if You think MSFS is only going to cost 60-120 dollars. I have news for You.
All of us are going to pay dearly through micro-transactions (1), once 3PD start pumping out fixes and addons like pancakes, plus perhaps subscriptions for Charts+ and whatever they can think about.

(1) Except for the so called "study level airliners", those will be "eye opener" macro-transactions.

Edited by RamonB
  • Upvote 1

On 9/9/2020 at 2:02 PM, overspeed3 said:

Saucey12

My very own plan for 2020 exactly, including a new gaming PC...

Yea its just not worth trying to download it yet.  I just read a news article this morning about some patches asobo is working on that comes out in the next week or so.