Sign in to follow this  
SirKibble

Flytampa EKCH msfs2020

holy word not allowed, you folks like to complain about everything.  every addon you get FROM THE OFFICIAL STORE is in the OFFICIAL folder.  if you buy it or download it somewhere else, it goes in the community folder.  Asobo did this, not FT.

edit: really? c r @ p is a verboten word?  My outrageously conservative and religious parents would have even let that one go when I was five (although truthfully they would have yelled at me about the 'holy' part of that epithet)  can I say gosh darn it? or is that too strong as well?

Edited by ShawnG
commentary
  • Like 7

On 9/11/2020 at 8:11 AM, ShawnG said:

edit: really? c r @ p is a verboten word?  My outrageously conservative and religious parents would have even let that one go when I was five (although truthfully they would have yelled at me about the 'holy' part of that epithet)  can I say gosh darn it? or is that too strong as well?

The language filter on this forum is ludicrous. I complained about it once and the answer was "this is a family friendly board".

Yeah... how high is the percentage of flighsimmers under 14? And how many of them use AVSIM?

Exactly... the board censor protects white elephants.

Looks excellent, but hoping for their KLAS soon!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Nice review, thank you very much.

As i have the P3Dv4 version of the airport and very much enjoyed the trains running beneath the short final to rwy 22L I noticed they are static in this version and the railway lines are pretty low resolution. As Jo Erlend made a moving train in his ENVA scenery I know it would have been possible. On the other hand ENVA is lacking the moving jetways, even with standard animations. Seems like even expierienced developers have a bit of a learning curve. I'm sure there will be some feature updates once the SDK and developer skills are on par. I don't very much care for details not to be seen from the airside of airports 'cause it's a flight simulator after all, but as the trains were a nice feature during the approach I had to notice.

• Like 2

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

13 minutes ago, Tom_L said:

Nice review, thank you very much.

My pleasure. It occurred to me after I published it that I had initially said the dodgy roadways and other landside bits didn't bother me (because, like you, I'm not that fussed by what things look like other than airside), but by the time I came to summarise at the end they did bother me quite a bit! I don't know - I think I just have very high expectation of FlyTampa. I had the P3D version too and had never noticed the trains.

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

I own EKCH and it is very impressive on the looks, performance and atmosphere!  I have one question tough, and that is atc taxi instructions, it seems like its just "taxi via taxiway" and there are no specific taxiway instructions. Dont know why?