Sign in to follow this  
Guest KVRNut

12 Miners found alive

Glad I stayed awake here in Arizona to check out the news--it's nice to hear such a story in the face of such a bleak possible outcome. Condolences to the family of the one miner that was lost and to all the families who have had to share the stress of this event while waiting for word of their loved ones.-John

Guest SoarPics

Jeez, John, latest report now is that only one survived! That the first report came from the Command Center stating the remaining 12 (1 of them was found dead earlier) had been found. If I understand the latest report correctly someone in the CC assumed the 12 had been found alive and quickly reported such. The families waiting at the church were jubilant, of course, and then the report was corrected! Holy cow!! What that must have done to the already distraught (and then momentarily relieved and joyful) families, only to be slammed with the grim reality sometime later.Sad enough that these folks had to deal with such overwhelming fear, concern and hope for their trapped loved ones, only to have incorrect reports that got their hopes up, then to be slammed with the truth.Prayers and thoughts be with the families of the victims... not just for the loss of their loved ones, but for the cruel twist of the sad facts before reality was delivered to them.Greg

yes, someone sadly misunderstood and misreported the initial statement.Not the first time, and once again a bad mark for the press and their tendency to report things without double checking in an attempt to be the first to have the news.

Yes, I am stunned and really saddened by what I heard this AM. The press is reporting the error was on the coal company's part. As of 3AM EST last night, CNN was still reporting that the 12 were found alive.This drives home the discussion of last week where some insisted that the press couldn't be wrong, as well as the frailty we (and I) have in these forums trying to believe in and report what we hear in the news. Sometimes things turn out just too good to be true.I apologize for posting this story.0John

No problem John, you believed what a supposedly reliable source told you.There is no other way most everyone can get news than that.

Guest KVRNut

Don't apologize for your post John. I think we all know what was in your heart when you originally posted. We all had hope that those miners would be found alive. Any good sign was a cause for jubilation, that they defied the odds. Like you, I couldn't believe the error that was made by the media. It makes it all the more heart breaking for the loved ones to have their hopes and prayers dashed because somone jumped the gun at the mine site. Yes, I've been glued to the tv too.My prayers and thoughts are with the loved ones of those miners and I pray that the survivor pulls through okay. He, and his new wife need all the help they can get...KVRNutCYLW