Sign in to follow this  
Blue Baron

Using Saitek Logitech Pro Flight Yoke with PilotEdge

I am currently setting up my Saitek/ Logitech pro flight yoke for operations with the Pilotedge software. I have selected my E-Button (the red button on the upper left side of the yoke, in front of the hat switch) for ATC communication.

For the aviators on this forum currently using this setup -- I was wondering about a couple of things. First of all, once the button is pressed, will I be required to push the button once when I speak, and push it again after I am finished talking. Or will I be able to hold the button down during the entire length of my pilot communication and release it when I'm finished speaking--like in a real cockpit? I was trying to sort this out because I don't want to encounter any unintended breaks/gaps in my communications with ATC.

Thank you for your kind assistance.

It should work as you suspect. Press and hold for transmission, release to stop.

12 hours ago, Blue Baron said:

I don't want to encounter any unintended breaks/gaps in my communications with ATC.

You could, and should, always test your comms before your flight by using this self contained test. ( does not broadcast to anyone except yourself )
Conduct a radio check by setting COM1 and COM2 radios to 123.45, with both radios enabled for receiving. Make a quick radio transmission. You should hear yourself (via the COM2 radio).
https://www.pilotedge.net/pages/first-flight

• Like 1

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

8 hours ago, spokes2112 said:

It should work as you suspect. Press and hold for transmission, release to stop.

You could, and should, always test your comms before your flight by using this self contained test. ( does not broadcast to anyone except yourself )
Conduct a radio check by setting COM1 and COM2 radios to 123.45, with both radios enabled for receiving. Make a quick radio transmission. You should hear yourself (via the COM2 radio).
https://www.pilotedge.net/pages/first-flight

spokes2112 Thank you!