Sign in to follow this  
wvernonc

Bushes

Anyone know a simple way to disable the bushes only? I do not like the way they flicker at a distance. Everything else looks great. Trees and buildings look fine at a distance.

I don't know for sure, but I suspect the only way of doing it is to find the bitmap (if it is even a bitmap) that contains the bush image, and erase the image then resave the file as an empty bitmap.

Guest wyoming

there's no simple way of getting rid of the bushes.

Well, I downloaded just about every texture reduction file that I could find (many reduce textures from 1024 to 512).There are plenty on avsim, but searching thru the scenery list is really a "pain" with all that damned "Chile" mesh cluttering up the directory.Here are the names of some:resautogentexfsx.zipresvegitationtexfsx.zipreduced_trees.zip & reduced_trees2.zipreduced_water.zipfsxgroundtextures.zipfsx_modified_terrain_cfg.zipfsx_forest.zipHope I got them all spelled right.Anyway, not only has it improved frame rates, I also like the end results of the images better.Might help, not sure 'cause I haven't seen any of the brush effects you mention.Also, I STILL much prefer FS9 anyway, so don't fly w/FSX very much.

Not an autogen player, but it seems like the file AutogenDescriptions.spb could be edited with the sdk autogen tools to get rid of bushes.scott s..

Guest JohnEGPF

with all that damned "Chile" mesh cluttering up the directory.Are you for real? coming here and saying that,I know who the "pain " is.I downloaded this free mesh that this Gentleman took the time to produce, and share with us all for nothing, what a nice way with words you don't have!.John

Guess you missed the point!I just think that it is time that avsim created a place for "mesh" files as they are NOT scenery per se.And, yes, my post might have seemed "crude" to you, but try searching for JUST "scenery" add-ons and have to go thru all those MANY pages of a SINGLE developers' items IS irritating.

Guest FxF3

Yes it seemed your post was crude. I'm sure your being irritating will pass.My self I like those dammed Chili files.