Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Navigraph for MSF beta has begun

There isn't an NDA, just a gentlemen's agreement that issues should be reported in the official forums. I just wanted to pop my head in here and say that the beta for navigraph nav database in msf has begun. It is in its infancy, and has a long way to go. Some features, like airways, are not included yet. 

Looking forward to having a fully working jeppesen nav database in my sim again ❤️ Love ya, Navigraph team!

Edited by Andreas Stangenes
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

8 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

There isn't an NDA, just a gentlemen's agreement that issues should be reported in the official forums. I just wanted to pop my head in here and say that the beta for navigraph nav database in msf has begun. It is in its infancy, and has a long way to go. Some features, like airways, are not included yet. 

Looking forward to having a fully working jeppesen nav database in my sim again ❤️ Love ya, Navigraph team!

in my option its much better in this early stage then the deafult MSFS Nav Blue kind of light Airac.

agree that it has more work to do, 

• Like 3

I don't see what the issue is with the included MS AIRAC (happy to be enlightened, what makes it a light AIRAC?), and I hope addons will be using the default database instead of making me pay for something that seems superflous.

I also note in other threads primarily because winds aloft are often broken in MFS at the moment many are suddenly screaming for ActiveSky. It's like folks actively want to waste money 🤦‍♂️ I for one was fed up of having to use addons to patch up our broken previous generation sims, and I've no intention of rejoining that expensive trend unnecessarily.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 2

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

2 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

I don't see what the issue is with the included MS AIRAC (happy to be enlightened, what makes it a light AIRAC?), and I hope addons will be using the default database instead of making me pay for something that seems superflous.

I also note in other threads primarily because winds aloft are often broken in MFS at the moment many are suddenly screaming for ActiveSky. It's like folks actively want to waste money 🤦‍♂️ I for one was fed up of having to use addons to patch up our broken previous generation, and I've no intention of rejoining that expensive trend unnecessarily.

Lots of ILS missing, lots of procedures not updated etc... Those are the issues with MS airac. Pretty huge issues tbh 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

I don't see what the issue is with the included MS AIRAC (happy to be enlightened, what makes it a light AIRAC?),

In this post from yesterday there is a list of changes:

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

We dont know if the lacking ILS, SIDs and STARs are due to bugs or simply limitations in the navblue navdata feature (the deal between MS and NB doesn't require a complete true to life nav database, only a wide sample for instance). With the amount of bugs currently in game right now it wouldn't surprise me if the navdata is bug ridden and will be fixed. 

However, I have been a navigraph subscriber for years and for now I continue with that. We shall see what happens down the road. 

• Like 2

Andreas Stangenes

52 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

In this post from yesterday there is a list of changes:

1 hour ago, Jeeeno said:

Lots of ILS missing, lots of procedures not updated etc... Those are the issues with MS airac.

Thanks for the link now I understand, this is not a separate nav database for add-ons, it's updating the existing MFS database, which makes more sense - it means addons will pull the same format from the same location so I don't *have* to have Navigraph, phew!

What Navigraph have written lacks much specific detail though, they've updated "70,000 waypoints" and so on but it could be really minor inconsequential stuff like adding a decimal place to the coordinates or adjusting VOR ranges by 10 miles, I note they specifically omit how many outright *missing* things they added.

I think @Andreas Stangenes might be right, they're could be an update issued before Christmas that fixes these minor things for free.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

26 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Thanks for the link now I understand, this is not a separate nav database for add-ons, it's updating the existing MFS database, which makes more sense - it means addons will pull the same format from the same location so I don't *have* to have Navigraph, phew!

What Navigraph have written lacks much specific detail though, they've updated "70,000 waypoints" and so on but it could be really minor inconsequential stuff like adding a decimal place to the coordinates or adjusting VOR ranges by 10 miles, I note they specifically omit how many outright *missing* things they added.

I think @Andreas Stangenes might be right, they're could be an update issued before Christmas that fixes these minor things for free.

Just be aware that Navigraph is OBVIOUSLY in beta right now. Actually, I take that back. It's not obviously in beta because for me it looks obvious they are in alpha. Things might go quick or slow from here, we dont know yet 🙂 Just know they are working on it. 

Whether or not MS fixes the many problems with the current nav database (they promised it would be updated monthly as well), we get a Jeppesen alternative which is great 🙂

Andreas Stangenes

Great news! I'm glad i decided to reactivate my subscription!

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

5 hours ago, ckyliu said:

I also note in other threads primarily because winds aloft are often broken in MFS at the moment many are suddenly screaming for ActiveSky. It's like folks actively want to waste money 🤦‍♂️ I for one was fed up of having to use addons to patch up our broken previous generation sims, and I've no intention of rejoining that expensive trend unnecessarily.

are you kidding? LFPG has only RWY07 approaches!))))))))))) lots of smaller airports has none)))

Edited by BackboneOne

5 hours ago, Jeeeno said:

Lots of ILS missing, lots of procedures not updated etc... Those are the issues with MS airac. Pretty huge issues tbh 

Airports with old location...eg Istanbool.  Lots and lots of missing main line airports,  A very long way sadly.

• Like 1

Harry Woodrow

The Navigraph update seems like it's very much not ready for prime time, as one might expect from a beta.   Lots of people are reporting CTDs at various airports and it seems to really slow down the startup.  My start with the navdata installed went from under 3 minutes to over 7, and that's on a pretty decent NVMe drive.

1 minute ago, kaosfere said:

The Navigraph update seems like it's very much not ready for prime time, as one might expect from a beta.   Lots of people are reporting CTDs at various airports and it seems to really slow down the startup.  My start with the navdata installed went from under 3 minutes to over 7, and that's on a pretty decent NVMe drive.

I had the same, mine increased by 3min but always CTD at main fly screen.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors