Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Navigraph for MSF beta has begun

Their getting it ironed out, quite quickly in fact.

20 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

The Navigraph update seems like it's very much not ready for prime time, as one might expect from a beta.   Lots of people are reporting CTDs at various airports and it seems to really slow down the startup.  My start with the navdata installed went from under 3 minutes to over 7, and that's on a pretty decent NVMe drive.

Their getting it smoothed out. Quite quickly in fact.

In beta 3 and 5 I was at least able to fly. In Beta 6 I am getting a CTD when pressing “Fly now”. 

The good thing is that they are releasing new versions with a high frequency. 

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Just now, espent said:

In beta 3 and 5 I was at least able to fly. In Beta 6 I am getting a CTD when pressing “Fly now”. 

Have you been on the forum lately. Few updates. I'm finally able to complete flights no problems.

I'm getting the js error on installation. Others are getting it as well, so I'm sure they'll get to the bottom of it.

Really looking forward to this. Really need my charts matching the flightplans to do IFR flights.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Am I missing something here?   My existing Navigraph sub only updates add-ons.

Is Navigraph now updating the sim's data?  Like Sors / fsaerodata?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

9 minutes ago, Mace said:

It's in a Beta test phase.

20 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

It's in a Beta test phase.

Is it updating the sim's data though.  That was my question.  If yes, that's pretty neat and interesting all at the same time.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Just now, Mace said:

Is it updating the sim's data though.  That was my question.  If yes, that's pretty neat and interesting all at the same time.

Yes it will.

Well, there's another MSFS feature that's been fixed by a 3rd party developer. The latest Navigraph for MSFS beta (7) seems fairly stable  and now there's no point in updating individual airports to fix the broken default navigation database. The beta is presently included in your Navigraph subscription, so I suggest trying it. It has a revert function if you decide that it's causing problems with your MSFS setup.

• Like 1

Quick question: Is it updating itself when a new Version is out or do i have to take care of that?

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

13 hours ago, Mace said:

We all seem to be forgetting that this is apparently coming to FS20. When and what the price will be is another question.

"NAVBLUE will provide real-world aeronautical data to Microsoft through its Navigation+ and, post launch, Charts+ services, to support the realistic experience that is the next generation “Microsoft Flight Simulator” software. Authentic worldwide navigation data, which is currently used on all major Flight Management Systems (FMS) and Flight Operation ground support tools, will be delivered in ARINC424 format, which is the international standard format for aircraft navigation. Realistic and accurate aerodrome and terminal procedure charts used by professional pilots across the globe will be supplied with Charts+ to allow gamers and virtual pilots to access genuine information about aviation procedures in the airports and airspace."

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

15 hours ago, Mace said:

Yup, you obviously missed the e-mail they send their subscribers, where this is all explained.

It's more comprehensive than the Herve Sors freeware for P3d4. It's more like either Navigraph for XP11 or fsaerodata for P3d5. There are still a few items that are not updated in the latest Navigraph MSFS beta, but they are working on getting those updated also. 

17 hours ago, espent said:

They supposedly fixed this already within a few hours of beta 6 coming out. Pretty cool how attentive they are and how fast changes are coming.

3 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Quick question: Is it updating itself when a new Version is out or do i have to take care of that?

You have to redownload from the forums I believe.

Edited by FlyingInACessna